So I recently caved into the whole touch screen phase and purchased an Apple Iphone. ... Apple iPhone forum

fifthgearvtec7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405BEF2

My Iphone Adventure

Advertisement

So I recently caved into the whole touch screen phase and purchased an Apple Iphone. I really was curious of what all the talk of the little gadget was all about. I had to find out for myself. I had a friend who used to do research for the Iphone and talked me into buying one. I got one used from a local Classified ad section. I paid 320 in cash for it. I then that night called up my friend with the news that I had a new cell phone. He knew exactly what it was. I then asked him if he could help me unlock it so i could use it for T-mobile. The Unlocking was complete. I finally had a fully functional Wireless gadget in the palm of my hand. Oh man this thing is heavy as I shake it in the palm of my hand. Compaired to my pearl it felt like i was carrying around a paperweight in my pocket. I was then so afraid to even put it in my pocket cause Im afraid of getting bumped and cracking the screen. This phone made me so paranoid. I felt like the world was out to get me. I didn't know what to expect. I get home anxiously awaiting to try out the phone. I make my first call to my parents. I don't tell them that I just paid over $300 for a cell phone though. I just act casual. Ask them how everything goes. I get off the phone about 5-10 minutes later. The Battery life has dramatically dropped after a 10 minute phone call. Wow. Im going to be charging this thing every night. What if i go camping or don't have access to plug my phone in. What am I going to do the next day. I then have to plug my phone into my computer and have to download and load Itunes just so i can do stuff with my phone. I sync my phone with the computer so I can load on my contacts. And make calls and try out the touch screen keyboard. I text all my friends that like to carry on long conversations just so i can see what its going to be like if i keep the phone. The feature is nice. It predicts the text just like any other phone. Even if you have big fat fingers and cant find the tiny the keyboard. You can almost push the button above it and it already has a guess of what word you are attempting to spell out. I then load on some music to try out the touch screen ipod. A great invention. The next instance is that i like to be able to tell who is calling me without pulling my phone out of my pocket. I attempt to load a custom ringtone to all my friends that frequently call me. Its not possible. There is no feature on the phone that I could find to let you have custom ringtones for your contacts. I just found out from a friend that you have to buy the songs that cut them down using Itunes to set them as a ringtone. The songs are $1.99 a song. I went to work the next day showing off my new toy as I walk in the front doors with a phone attached to my ear. Everyone knows what it is. They are all anxious to see the little thing. After the 10 minute delay of the OOO's and AHH's I clock in for work. My manager comes to me with a picture he wants to send me I tell him to send it over. He sends it so i wait for a minute or 2 and check my phone for some funny picture. Its not there. I tell him to send it again. He does. I give it more time to get to my phone before i eagerly pull it out to find no new messages. It appears that either T-mobile won't allow the pic or something is wrong with the phone. Turns out that if you want to Multi-Media messages you have to load on a special program to do so. Wait didn't i just pay $300 dollars for probably one of the most talked about and sold new electronic devices on the market today. And I can't receive a simple Picture message without loading on a program that lets me receive media messages. Okay so enough with all the bad lets hear a few good. This phone has Wi-fi so if i was in a hot spot i could log on and download a variety of different games, media, wallpaper, etc... That was nice. I wish i had wi-fi on my pearl. Looking into a curve now. Today I decided that I had had it with this device and I was going to be more than happy going back to my Pearl. I posted the phone on the same classifieds and immediately i had people calling with interest in this little thing i held captive for the weekend. I ended up selling the thing for $55 dollars more than what I paid for it. So for the 4 days that I used a cell phone i was making money. Believe me when i say that the Apple Iphone is a great gadget but is not the greatest thing ever. I would recommend you find out for yourself if the Iphone is right for you. Im happy with my pearl.
    Sex should be like a riced out Civic, slow, loud, and banging on all four walls.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Great story. I wanted to tell you to check out the new Tmo Pearl 8120. It has wifi and video and 4.3 OS.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Don't you hate it when the [Enter] key stops working?
    JerryD

ineedspeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24270d4c
    Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    LOL, since you brought it up. I agree. I stopped reading after the first three lines.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    I was gonna say....my brain hurts

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    lol.. I was reading it through wap. I didn't even notice, but now that I see it on my PC. Whoa.....

brandonmccall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Vtec-- I bought two iPhone on two different occassions. I couldn't deal with the shortcomings, myself.
    I'm not even interested in the release of the SDK either. The iPhone performs poorly as a mobile phone. I do plan on purchasing an iPod classic, however.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    ....iWhat?

Looks like an old school chrome rear view mirror off some beater Buick....

brandonmccall no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    LOL. That's a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ....iWhat?

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Haha that was funny. I have to agree i hated the Iphone from the first time i used it. Once you go BB u wont go back

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i think too big of a change from BB to iPhone... should have went to a HTC Wing its got the touch screen and a keyboard... me personally ill stick to my pearl....I love the thing

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    ....iWhat?

ROFL
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99
    The words just all blur together, I hope you were saying that you decided you hate the iPhone and went back to your blackberry. Because I have several times!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im sticking with my 8300

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    I took a good look at the iphone before upgrading to my 8120.
    Fact is is that its just an apple based gadget. Everything is tailored to only allowing you to use their programs and charging you for it!
    My BB kicks the iphone. When the hype of the iphone goes and the next toy is released my BB will still be with me!