Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 68

I'll wait for there 2nd gen phone before i decide on anything. By then they ... Apple iPhone forum

  1. #46
    fritter's Avatar
    fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Posts
    942

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Advertisement



    I'll wait for there 2nd gen phone before i decide on anything. By then they should have everything bad worked out.

  2. #47
    joeperrin212's Avatar
    joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Posts
    658

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The battery info is a good upgrade! I agree though, I'll wait for the 2nd Gen first.

  3. #48
    userlan667's Avatar
    userlan667 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    The iPhone has no native apps and does not support MMS or IM. I am going to wait until the 2nd gen when they will fix all of that. Right now my BB is the best. ^_^

  4. #49
    jscottbarnes's Avatar
    jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    I'd love to hear the FanBoys take on this....
    http://www.forbes.com/technology/200...ml?partner=rss


    ------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD



  5. #50
    jwlussow's Avatar
    jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    101

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    I'd love to hear the FanBoys take on this....
    http://www.forbes.com/technology/200...ml?partner=rss
    Not many consumer phones have enterprise class security on them. I don't know of a single camera phone that does. This is a consumer phone with a camera. No business serious about security would use camera phones.

    There are rumours of an enterprise class iPhone that does not have the built in camera. I am assuming that that phone will be marketed towards businesses. This iPhone is a consumer phone.

    Why are soooo many people trying to prove what a bad phone it is....even before they even see one? It lacks enterprise security. It also lacks 256 bit encryption for the satelite uplink. Oh wait, it isn't even a sat phone? There's another strike.

    It is a phone. It is a phone that will sync with Mac AND Windows. That is all I want.

  6. #51
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Arrow Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    I'd love to hear the FanBoys take on this....
    http://www.forbes.com/technology/200...ml?partner=rss
    Yeah, these guys always crack me up too. They so deperately hold onto what they have and just know its the best. Fact is, if you search these older threads over Pinstack you will see all the naysayers that said the phone will never get out of the gate, or it will never sell to the masses, or it will only be for Apple users...now all their thoughts are wrong. The iPhone is coming and it is going to change the face of the wireless marketplace, and one thing is clear, and that is that Nokia, Samsung, Sony, RIM, and etc. are all scrambling to catch up. Can you imagine what the iPhone2 will have to offer? I can.

  7. #52
    hls811's Avatar
    hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    Yeah, these guys always crack me up too. They so deperately hold onto what they have and just know its the best. Fact is, if you search these older threads over Pinstack you will see all the naysayers that said the phone will never get out of the gate, or it will never sell to the masses, or it will only be for Apple users...now all their thoughts are wrong. The iPhone is coming and it is going to change the face of the wireless marketplace, and one thing is clear, and that is that Nokia, Samsung, Sony, RIM, and etc. are all scrambling to catch up. Can you imagine what the iPhone2 will have to offer? I can.
    Really? Can you show me some links to the threads on Pinstack where people here have said the iPhone would never get out of the game or that it will only be for Apple users? I've been following the iPhone threads pretty closely and don't recall anyone saying that.

    And as for the iPhone2, I'm a little confused as to why you're such a supporter of the iPhone and yet are already anticipating the second revision? I wouldn't count on an iPhone2 for at least a year.. Look at Apple's revision history with their other products - you may get a minor revision at some point sooner, but a true upgrade won't be right around the corner. You can envision what the iPhone2 will have?? Really.. I'd love to know that things those are.. maybe features found in todays phones? Ability to do IM? Ability to do MMS messages w/ pictures? Its not too far fetched considering 99% of other phones have that? The ability to add 3rd party apps (NOT via the integrated browser) - sorry, but those are Plug-ins or bookmarks, those are not Apps!) The ability to do Java/Flash within the integrated web browser?

    I also never saw anything that makes me think other companies are "scrambling".. Anything Apple makes is going to have followers - I'm one of them - When they have a conference or event, I'm stuck my my computer reading the highlights on whatever sites broadcast it. I've been using Macs since 1988 and swear by 'em.. With that being said - the iPhone is NOT a competitor for the Blackberry, I personally don't see it as a business device and therefore have no use for it myself. Theres no enough to it, and too many shortcomings (see above) for me to consider replacing my Pearl and 60GB iPod. (That said, if they came out with an iPod which did all of that WITHOUT the phone portion I'd be all over it).

    But to say that "They so deperately hold onto what they have and just know its the best" - thats not the case.. As much as I love and support Apple, I feel nearly the same allegiance to RIM - fact is they make a product which meets my needs and works VERY well, even on a Mac. Yes there are workarounds, but thats always been the case with Apple computers. You've said in many of your posts that your main reason for wanting an iPhone is because it syncs with Macs - something you can't successfully do with your BB - and thats a valid reason for wanting one, but you're taking it to the other extreme and assuming the iPhone will be the godsend of the mobile telecommunications world and no other product will ever match it - thats just simply not the case.. If it was, you wouldn't be thinking along the lines of iPhone2 prior to the iPhone1 being released!

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

  8. #53
    jwlussow's Avatar
    jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    101

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    Really? Can you show me some links to the threads on Pinstack where people here have said the iPhone would never get out of the game or that it will only be for Apple users? I've been following the iPhone threads pretty closely and don't recall anyone saying that.

    And as for the iPhone2, I'm a little confused as to why you're such a supporter of the iPhone and yet are already anticipating the second revision? I wouldn't count on an iPhone2 for at least a year.. Look at Apple's revision history with their other products - you may get a minor revision at some point sooner, but a true upgrade won't be right around the corner. You can envision what the iPhone2 will have?? Really.. I'd love to know that things those are.. maybe features found in todays phones? Ability to do IM? Ability to do MMS messages w/ pictures? Its not too far fetched considering 99% of other phones have that? The ability to add 3rd party apps (NOT via the integrated browser) - sorry, but those are Plug-ins or bookmarks, those are not Apps!) The ability to do Java/Flash within the integrated web browser?

    I also never saw anything that makes me think other companies are "scrambling".. Anything Apple makes is going to have followers - I'm one of them - When they have a conference or event, I'm stuck my my computer reading the highlights on whatever sites broadcast it. I've been using Macs since 1988 and swear by 'em.. With that being said - the iPhone is NOT a competitor for the Blackberry, I personally don't see it as a business device and therefore have no use for it myself. Theres no enough to it, and too many shortcomings (see above) for me to consider replacing my Pearl and 60GB iPod. (That said, if they came out with an iPod which did all of that WITHOUT the phone portion I'd be all over it).

    But to say that "They so deperately hold onto what they have and just know its the best" - thats not the case.. As much as I love and support Apple, I feel nearly the same allegiance to RIM - fact is they make a product which meets my needs and works VERY well, even on a Mac. Yes there are workarounds, but thats always been the case with Apple computers. You've said in many of your posts that your main reason for wanting an iPhone is because it syncs with Macs - something you can't successfully do with your BB - and thats a valid reason for wanting one, but you're taking it to the other extreme and assuming the iPhone will be the godsend of the mobile telecommunications world and no other product will ever match it - thats just simply not the case.. If it was, you wouldn't be thinking along the lines of iPhone2 prior to the iPhone1 being released!
    While you have valid points there are threads here of people that are saying that the iPhone will fail. I don't mind the "it's not right for me" people and understand the iPhone's shortcomings (for them) but the "iPhones suck and will fail because it doesn't do MMS" threads are very broad and I don't agree with them.

    I can't install apps or upgrade the phones software and I can't reliably sync my 7100i. Other than that I love my 7100i. I never go anywhere without it. It is on 24/7. That is RIM's decision. That is why I am unhappy with RIM, not Nextel or my phone. They made a marketing decision.

    If you are a true Apple follower you also realize that the iPhone 2 will have features that the iPhone 1 won't. Some of those features are important enough to some people that they will "wait and see". That is understandable. Things like 3G and MMS are very important to some. Ditching a phone that offers those things for an expensive phone that doesn't might seem a bit foolish. Apple has gone out of the way to let people know what will NOT be on the first iPhones. That is interesting to me. Not many companies do that. Most people can guess at the additions that will be in the future iPhones (3G, better push email, cameraless phone for businesses, etc..). I believe that Apple is trying to change the cellphone biz and already has to a small extent. I think the big picture will be an iPhone that will be able to seriously replace laptops for travelers. The internet browsing offered by the iPhone is a huge step up from the industry standard.

    There is a lot of FUD being thrown around. Just look at the article about the lack of enterprise class security. The iPhone is not a business phone yet. The iPhone will be more secure than any other non business phone on the market and Apple has always been very conscientious about fixing security problems quickly. The iPhone 1 is a consumer phone. Articles about the lack of 3G make sense to me but that just doesn't.

    I love my BB but I don't like the fact that RIM doesn't want to support my platform of choice. That is their decision. Sure I would love to see the iPhone impact RIM enough that they change their minds. It would be great to be able to consider going back to BB for my next phone. That will be RIM's decision, just like buying an iPhone is mine.

  9. #54
    hls811's Avatar
    hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jwlussow
    While you have valid points there are threads here of people that are saying that the iPhone will fail. I don't mind the "it's not right for me" people and understand the iPhone's shortcomings (for them) but the "iPhones suck and will fail because it doesn't do MMS" threads are very broad and I don't agree with them.

    I can't install apps or upgrade the phones software and I can't reliably sync my 7100i. Other than that I love my 7100i. I never go anywhere without it. It is on 24/7. That is RIM's decision. That is why I am unhappy with RIM, not Nextel or my phone. They made a marketing decision.

    If you are a true Apple follower you also realize that the iPhone 2 will have features that the iPhone 1 won't. Some of those features are important enough to some people that they will "wait and see". That is understandable. Things like 3G and MMS are very important to some. Ditching a phone that offers those things for an expensive phone that doesn't might seem a bit foolish. Apple has gone out of the way to let people know what will NOT be on the first iPhones. That is interesting to me. Not many companies do that. Most people can guess at the additions that will be in the future iPhones (3G, better push email, cameraless phone for businesses, etc..). I believe that Apple is trying to change the cellphone biz and already has to a small extent. I think the big picture will be an iPhone that will be able to seriously replace laptops for travelers. The internet browsing offered by the iPhone is a huge step up from the industry standard.

    There is a lot of FUD being thrown around. Just look at the article about the lack of enterprise class security. The iPhone is not a business phone yet. The iPhone will be more secure than any other non business phone on the market and Apple has always been very conscientious about fixing security problems quickly. The iPhone 1 is a consumer phone. Articles about the lack of 3G make sense to me but that just doesn't.

    I love my BB but I don't like the fact that RIM doesn't want to support my platform of choice. That is their decision. Sure I would love to see the iPhone impact RIM enough that they change their minds. It would be great to be able to consider going back to BB for my next phone. That will be RIM's decision, just like buying an iPhone is mine.
    All valid.. and for the most part, anyone who says "it'll fail because of XXX" is essentially saying "it'll fail cause I don't like it".. and I don't give those type or responses any crediility. Maybe its my Apple Fandom speaking - but I don't think it'll fail. Would it surprise me if it did fail? No... I mean, look at the Newton - Apple fans still adore that thing, and it spawned a new type of electronic device and imitators, but the Newton itself wasn't much and outside of the Apple faithful wasn't very welcome.

    I do think the iPhone will spark innovation and the mobile phone market will be better because of it - other companies will take liberties with what the iPhone has, and I'm sure there were liberties taken from other companies in the development of the iPhone.

    As for the security - I don't think its a concern.. does a RAZR have any better security? How about an iPaq? How about a Sony-Ericsson W810? Those are the 'target' phones the iPhone is competing with.. Not the Blackberry (yet).

    Fact is no one knows yet... Yes - the iPhone is innovative... But its aimed at a specific market.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

  10. #55
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Arrow Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    Really? Can you show me some links to the threads on Pinstack where people here have said the iPhone would never get out of the game or that it will only be for Apple users? I've been following the iPhone threads pretty closely and don't recall anyone saying that...

    You always come out of the gate fighting and it makes me laugh when in the middle of all you write, you say this which says it all:


    "Anything Apple makes is going to have followers - I'm one of them - When they have a conference or event, I'm stuck my my computer reading the highlights on whatever sites broadcast it. I've been using Macs since 1988 and swear by 'em.." by hls811


    Very fun....my only question is how are you going to resist getting an iPhone...version 1, 2, or 3?

  11. #56
    hls811's Avatar
    hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Right.. all I'm saying is that just because something says "apple" doesn't mean I swarm all over it..

    iPhone? I have no use for it.. its not a Blackberry replacement for me. (I use my BB with my Mac and have NO problems).

    AppleTV? No use for it and still haven't figured out what the purpose of it is..

    All I'm saying is as much as I support the company, they do make things I don't get..

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

  12. #57
    wclyffe's Avatar
    wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2
    Posts
    327

    Arrow Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    Right.. all I'm saying is that just because something says "apple" doesn't mean I swarm all over it..

    iPhone? I have no use for it.. its not a Blackberry replacement for me. (I use my BB with my Mac and have NO problems).

    AppleTV? No use for it and still haven't figured out what the purpose of it is..

    All I'm saying is as much as I support the company, they do make things I don't get..

    Ok, I appreciate that, but you have to admit at least that you will be interested in how it does for the company. As an aside, check out this latest news....this piece will open the doors very wide!!

    The mysterious 12th iPhone application button has been revealed. It is YouTube. According to Steve Jobs, "the iPhone delivers the best YouTube mobile experience by far. Now users can enjoy YouTube wherever they are-on their iPhone, on their Mac or on a wide screen TV in their living room with Apple TV." Videos posted after Apple's announcement at D5 regarding YouTube on Apple TV, have been encoded using H.264. YouTube plans to convert their entire catalog to H.264 to allow playback on the iPhone and Apple TV. Currently around 10,000 videos will be available by June 29th, and Apple has posted a YouTube demo to their iPhone QuickView page. Today Apple also launched the YouTube player in their Apple TV via software update. Looks like Google CEO Eric Schmidt joining the Apple board had some significant impact.

  13. #58
    hls811's Avatar
    hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04
    Posts
    1,222

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    Ok, I appreciate that, but you have to admit at least that you will be interested in how it does for the company. As an aside, check out this latest news....this piece will open the doors very wide!!

    The mysterious 12th iPhone application button has been revealed. It is YouTube. According to Steve Jobs, "the iPhone delivers the best YouTube mobile experience by far. Now users can enjoy YouTube wherever they are-on their iPhone, on their Mac or on a wide screen TV in their living room with Apple TV." Videos posted after Apple's announcement at D5 regarding YouTube on Apple TV, have been encoded using H.264. YouTube plans to convert their entire catalog to H.264 to allow playback on the iPhone and Apple TV. Currently around 10,000 videos will be available by June 29th, and Apple has posted a YouTube demo to their iPhone QuickView page. Today Apple also launched the YouTube player in their Apple TV via software update. Looks like Google CEO Eric Schmidt joining the Apple board had some significant impact.
    Absolutely.. from an Apple Fan i WANT the iPhone to succeed, absolutely! I just personally don't need one.. I want the technology ported into the iPod and I'll be so content!

    the YouTube thing is interesting.. I'm sure it helps, but sorta confirms the market they are going after.. It helps tie the iPhone into the AppleTV..

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

  14. #59
    fritter's Avatar
    fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Posts
    942

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    the only sad thing is that with all these cool phones coming out the cell providers for the U.S. is still on old technology (ex. speed) we need them to up us to g3. well it's a wishful thought

  15. #60
    jwlussow's Avatar
    jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    101

    Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fritter
    the only sad thing is that with all these cool phones coming out the cell providers for the U.S. is still on old technology (ex. speed) we need them to up us to g3. well it's a wishful thought
    Lack of 3G doesn't bother me much since the area I live in is absolutly loaded with WI-FI hotspots. I can drive down the street without ever losing the connection. At home I can pick between about 7 or 8 unsecured networks. I only choose mine and I am encrypted. Where I work it is very easy to drive down just about any street and "borrow" a network connection to send emails with attachments where I can't just use the phone. I don't surf all day with my BB so I doubt if I will with the iPhone. The WI-FI is a huge selling point for me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •