Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by rokinDa8703e ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Then again, the iphone is what, like 500$? ... Apple iPhone forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rokinDa8703e
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Then again, the iphone is what, like 500$?

If someone tried to get me to pay them 500$ to use edge I would have to slap em

You raise some good points, but miss some others. Simply, the Pearl is not for the business and corporate markets, and RIM is trying to break into the consumer/prosumer markets with the Pearl and some of their upcoming phones. I think the iPhone will do huge busness that RIM could have shored up many months ago had they paid a little more attention to servicing their Mac users. The iPhone has 8gb of memory, 3.5" screen, full rich html push email, visual voicemail, Safari web browsing plus syncing calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, bookmarks music, photos, movies, etc....all this, AND it is a great new version of the iPod. This phone will take over the consumer market and many in the prosumer market which is why all the analysts have been writing articles on a daily basis. As for the price, all these phones are about $500 including the Blackberry 8800, and the now releasing 8300, and soon you will see the price being offset too by signing up for a 2 year contract. ...just not at first. People will pay $500 for an iPod AND a Phone and only have to carry one item...its actually a deal.
    Last edited by wclyffe; 05-28-2007 at 04:30 PM.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    You raise some good points, but miss some others. Simply, the Pearl is not for the business and corporate markets, and RIM is trying to break into the consumer/prosumer markets with the Pearl and some of their upcoming phones. I think the iPhone will do huge busness that RIM could have shored up many months ago had they paid a little more attention to servicing their Mac users. The iPhone has 8gb of memory, 3.5" screen, full rich html push email, visual voicemail, Safari web browsing plus syncing calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, bookmarks music, photos, movies, etc....all this, AND it is a great new version of the iPod. This phone will take over the consumer market and many in the prosumer market which is why all the analysts have been writing articles on a daily basis. As for the price, all these phones are about $500 including the Blackberry 8800, and the now releasing 8300, and soon you will see the price being offset too by signing up for a 2 year contract. ...just not at first. People will pay $500 for an iPod AND a Phone and only have to carry one item...its actually a deal.
    The newly announced iPhone killer from LG & Verizon (Prada) has less features and an MSRP of $600.00. It is supposed to be released late this year. I don't think $500 is that much more than the $399 I paid for my 7100i. Why does everybody think the iPhone will be too much when RIM's phones aren't much cheaper and basically offer no syncing unless you run Windows. I love my 7100i but it sucks that I can't sync because of the computer OS I elect to run. I wouldn't even consider switching if RIM allowed me to do what it allows Windows users to do.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by rokinDa8703e

A touch screen, hard drive based phone would last about 5 seconds in the real world where phones are dropped, rained on, tossed in a pocket with keys, used while driving and so on
    Just an FYI...the iPhone has no harddrive...its flash based memory. And as for touchscreens, there are many examples out there in the business world working quite well.
    Last edited by wclyffe; 05-29-2007 at 03:11 PM.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Also thought I would pass this on as the new versions of the iPhone are going to rock!!

gadgetopia writes:
    "ITWire is reporting that the Taiwanese manufacturer Quanta has seemingly confirmed a second generation of the Apple iPhone. Another report referenced by the article suggests the new model could come with a different case design. 'Quanta and Apple already enjoy a strong relationship, with Quanta building both MacBooks and iPods for Apple to sell worldwide, although Foxconn (Hon Hai Precision Industry) is reported to be building the first batch of iPhones due to arrive in the US market by the end of June. Reports suggest Quanta has received an order for 5 million iPhones which are to be shipped in September ... Presumably this could entail a 3G or even 3.5G HSDPA iPhone for European markets due to get the iPhone by the end of the year, or even the addition of more memory - imagine a 16Gb or even 32Gb iPhone, unlikely though those will be this year mainly due to the high cost of 16 or 32Gb of flash memory.'"

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

So, in other words - wait for the 2nd generation cause it'll have the stuff they glaringly miss in the first version!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

The SNL report shows it holds 2 billion songs but battery lasts only 20 minutes. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...hone+snl&hl=en

jonnyscurve no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by HarryMonk
    I love the look of the iPhone, but I also don't want a phone with a screen that's greasier than a 50s diner after 10 minutes or scratched to hell and back.

Full touch screen phones are a great idea in principle but the first thing I did with my BB was buy a screen protector. They're just too vulnerable to scratches.
    Was looking at the LG Prada in the stores today (mentioning it here cos it seems to be an iPhone ripoff from what i can tell), I'm glad I went with the Curve...... like you said, touch screens can get nasty real quick......the display model Prada that i saw looked trashed already, i can only assume that the iPhone will look equally bad after some-day-to-day usage (still a cool phone though, and i love apple products normally!)

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyscurve
    Was looking at the LG Prada in the stores today (mentioning it here cos it seems to be an iPhone ripoff from what i can tell), I'm glad I went with the Curve...... like you said, touch screens can get nasty real quick......the display model Prada that i saw looked trashed already, i can only assume that the iPhone will look equally bad after some-day-to-day usage (still a cool phone though, and i love apple products normally!)
    I used a touchscreen a few years back in the Samsung SPH-i500...I loved it. It was faster to navigate menus and it was never really a problem except that the displays were just not that bright back then...now its a whole new ballgame. I've never used any kind of screen protection and any minor marks that appeared came off in a second using Novus. I think the iPhone is going to be fast and really efficient and easy to use...I'm on board!

crdean1 no está en línea Stack level 1

1st Gen iPhone very impressive technologically, but very lacking in practicality (for me anyway). I use a Mac, but I sync my personal BB with my computer at work (Windows, Outlook). What I love about the BB is that I can plug it into my Mac and the memory card acts as a jump drive. I can just drag and drop all of my movies and music to my BB from my mac, with no extra software, etc.

I don't think the iPhone will even be memory card capable. So in terms of using its features for media, etc, one will be very limited with a 4 or 8 GB iPhone, when, for the same price as the 8GB iPhone, you could get a 30GB iPod and a sweet BB.

I thought the iPhone has a memory card slot. Back to research....I did see the phones HD shows up on the desktop and you can adjust the size of the partition for music or data (like the shuffle).

Did anyone see the Jeff Han video? Check this out. He has confirmed "working" with Steve Jobs. He also mentioned the iPhone in an interview. Looks interesting. Never underestimate Apple....BTW, this is about a multi-touch screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGAKUForhM
    Last edited by jwlussow; 06-02-2007 at 08:39 PM.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by jwlussow
    Did anyone see the Jeff Han video? Check this out. He has confirmed "working" with Steve Jobs. He also mentioned the iPhone in an interview. Looks interesting. Never underestimate Apple....BTW, this is about a multi-touch screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwGAKUForhM
    Thanks...that was great and I never saw it before. Amazing technology!

I agree with your post, and I think there are a lot of people, even in the business and corporate markets, that are underestimating the expanse this phone will have in sales in those sectors. Apple has had the benefit of selling 100 million iPods so they already know how to create a solidly built device that runs many hours on a charge, and utilizes a superb software interface.

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

I can see it now
    "No I didn't make the changes, I never got that email....well because my battery died....because I was watching movies and listening to music on my phone all day...what do you meen I'm fired? This is totally unfair I'm telling my daddy!"

...and iPods are stupid!!! I'm not paying that much for a music player!!! Apple is sooo stupid, they won't sell any of those!!! Another "toy" from Apple!!!

I do believe that whoever sells the car adapter or external batteries might be millionaires before this is over.

I am getting the iPhone but I will not be listening to music or watching videos. I will be syncing my phone with my Mac, something I can't do right now, and I will be carrying a bunch of files with me.

LARIZA no está en línea Stack level 1

I was going to get it as well but I'll wait to see the next best thing....
    What??

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast