Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Just curious how many Mac users like me are exhausted by the ridiculous sync relationship ... Apple iPhone forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

Advertisement

Just curious how many Mac users like me are exhausted by the ridiculous sync relationship between their Blackberry and PocketMac? I find the the lack of support by RIM to be unforgiveable after all this time and I am definitely moving over to the iPhone in June, which I know will sync with my Mac flawlessly....windows machines too for that matter! I really like Blackberry, but they (RIM) have blown the relationship for me as I was expecting they would tune PocketMac to work correctly after they licensed the software and gave it away. I still cannot sync a date on any of my tasks, the address book alightment with phone numbers is at best unpredictable, and things just disappear sometimes after a sync....crazy!

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

I'm going to hold off on the iPhone. I'll wait for the verdict once it's out for a while. I'll likely avoid it.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I would love to get the iphone when its released but how apple is with 1st gen there 2nd gen is always ten times better so ill wait for the following year. but dont get me wrong this will not replace my pearl just my i930 or my nextel bb.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: MOVING TO AN IPHONE in JUNE!!

Quote Originally Posted by fritter
    I would love to get the iphone when its released but how apple is with 1st gen there 2nd gen is always ten times better so ill wait for the following year. but dont get me wrong this will not replace my pearl just my i930 or my nextel bb.
    Yeah, I might do the same thing. I have an 8700g that I might keep until I see that the iPhone really performs. The touchscreen business worries me as a method for everyday use, but I have a feeling that composing an email will be as fast, or faster given the software, etc.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

also the iPhone will probably (hopefully) be able to use a BT keyboard... that would make it that much nicer.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    also the iPhone will probably (hopefully) be able to use a BT keyboard... that would make it that much nicer.
    Great point!!

fidolatry no está en línea Stack level 1

As a Mac user I have to say that the 1st-gen iPhone isn't perfect, either!

Lots of other handsets already have 3G capability, and I'm not convinced that a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard will be any better than a 'real' one.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm on waiting lists at two stores so far. I will be an early adopter. The BT keyboard should work. When I asked an Apple "insider" he just smiled and said "gee, I don't know. Do BT keyboards work on a Mac?" Then he winked. I'll take that as a yes.

HarryMonk no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm going to hold off, too. I've never owned a computer that wasn't a Mac, and the Mac/BB compatability thing really, really hacks me off. I love the look of the iPhone, but I also don't want a phone with a screen that's greasier than a 50s diner after 10 minutes or scratched to hell and back.

Full screen phones are a great idea in principle but the first thing I did with my BB was buy a screen protector. They're just too vulnerable to scratches.

I'm pretty sure the iPhone will rock straight out of the gate, but I'm also happy to not become an early adopter on this one and wait to see just how well they surive in the real world first.

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RIM is a fairly smart company, it seems to me that they know how much it will cost them to lose all of their mac users and they don't seem too concerned

ehadden no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32B84624

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~iphone will not be business or email friendly handheld. Sorry mac users, but the blackberry is still by far the best in business. That touch screen is not good for day to day use. You will not be able to read your email whithin an hour of using it.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by ehadden
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~iphone will not be business or email friendly handheld. Sorry mac users, but the blackberry is still by far the best in business. That touch screen is not good for day to day use. You will not be able to read your email whithin an hour of using it.
    What are you talking about? Have you ever used one? Did you ever see one? The iPhone has push technology just like BB. I haven't used the touch screen but I will give Apple's engineers the benefit of the doubt. Seems they put a lot of energy into the usability of their products. The reason the iPod is as popular as it is is simply ease of use. It isn't anything that special. There are hundreds of MP3 players available but none are as easy and elegant to use. I am expecting the same from the iPhone. I DO know that the iPhone will have email push technology and work as well or better than my 7100i. RIM has ignored everybody but Windows users for too long. Mac, Linux, Unix, etc... users are looking for compatibility and RIM is ignorant to ignore everybody but Windows users.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by fidolatry
    As a Mac user I have to say that the 1st-gen iPhone isn't perfect, either!

Lots of other handsets already have 3G capability, and I'm not convinced that a touchscreen QWERTY keyboard will be any better than a 'real' one.
    I concur.

I'm a die-hard Mac fan, but the iPhone doesn't cut it for me. I want/need a physical keyboard and think the virtual keyboard would be tough to use on a regular basis.. I could be wrong but would have to try it first.

What I really want is the iPhone technology without the phone part.. a widescreen, video, touchscreen iPod w/ a 100+ GB hard drive.. I'd be all over it!!

As far as the iPhone - I'll hold off for now and keep the Pearl..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

I wouldn't say they RIM is ignorant for ignoring mac and *ix users, they are just stayoing with their customer base.

RIM phones are for business and government professionals and are thus geared towards them

A touch screen, hard drive based phone would last about 5 seconds in the real world where phones are dropped, rained on, tossed in a pocket with keys, used while driving and so on

However, a touch screen, hard drive based mp3 player that happens to be a phone and can surf the net will be very popular with other people.

The reason that rim has no real need to worry about mac syncing is that almost all business and government establishments that assign people blackberrys are also primarily windows based, that's not to say windows is better but its simply the truth.

So for rim to go through the trouble of worrying about mac syncing really wouldn't be worth all that much to them, from a business standpoint.

PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

Then again, the iphone is what, like 500$?

If someone tried to get me to pay them 500$ to use edge I would have to slap em

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast