All, Does it matter what order settings are arranged in Winterboard? I've seen some apps ... Apple iPhone forum

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3

Moving items in Winterboard?

Advertisement

All,

Does it matter what order settings are arranged in Winterboard? I've seen some apps that say move XYZ above 123 so I'm assuming there is some logic to the order

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    cjeezy - The actual "order" doesn't really matter

Example: Let's say you have two different themes installed, both are "checked" in WinterBoard, whichever is highest on the list (one above the other) will be the one that is "active".

Make sense?

Ash07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    basically if you have two things on winterboard checked (lets say two themes) then they both will be active..what you might see on your real springboard will be kind of a mixture of the 2 themes lik some icons will be visible from theme 1 and some from theme 2...just play around with it alittle bit u will notice it.

Ash07 - Sorry, but that is not totally accurate, the ONLY way you'll see a mixture of 2 selected/checked themes in WinterBoard is if each theme has different things customized.

For Example: You have 2 checked themes
    Theme 1 - has a full set of Icons and a custom Slider
    Theme 2 - has a full set of Icons and custom unlock sounds

The ONLY Icons that will be visible are the ones from Theme 1, the other two things (slider and sounds) will be active from BOTH themes.

ive actually had some icons mixed up from 2 different themes i had active ..but i agree with what you said too guess that was just with the specific themes i had

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    If I want to use my own wallpaper as a background, I have to have user wallpaper at the top above the theme.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    If I want to use my own wallpaper as a background, I have to have user wallpaper at the top above the theme.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

no some themes don't let you do that i think you actually have to SSH into your phone and find the file that should say something like "themewallpaper.png" in the folder and delete it . then just find another picture u want there instead and save it with that same original file name..

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I must be using themes that let me do that. Thanks for the info. Now I know what to do for the themes that won't let you. Def still learning the in's and out's of the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash07 View Post
    no some themes don't let you do that i think you actually have to SSH into your phone and find the file that should say something like "themewallpaper.png" in the folder and delete it . then just find another picture u want there instead and save it with that same original file name..

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Actually through my experience moving items to the top of winterboard does matter ie I can activate a new theme and the color scheme for my battery switches to the color for that theme (if it's included in the theme). Now let's just say I want my "bluebird" battery color back again regardless of the theme I'm using then I go back into winterboard and move it above the theme or even to the top of my winterboard list and then my battery color is blue again.

Yes, themes DO NOT mix if there are two selected, the one highest on the list will be the ONLY one active
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16