Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everyone, after having my beloved bb 8900 for a year I made a switch ... Apple iPhone forum

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Made the switch

Advertisement

Hey everyone, after having my beloved bb 8900 for a year I made a switch to the iphone. It's a sad day but I wanted to try something different. I was at a yard sale on yesterday and the people had two 2g 4 gig iphones for sale. I got them both for under $100. One of them however has some horizontal lines but its still in great condition. I never thought I would make this change but the price was good. I am not eligible for an upgrade so why not just play around with these. I must admit that the typing curve is the worst... I am going to try it for a whole week. Please wish me luck and if you have some essential apps or just any useful comment on the horizontal lines on the other would be great.

Tia
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'll be interested on seeing how you like it. I switched to an i4 a couple of months ago and am really liking it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    No chokem say it's not so.... I was trying my best to switch over but I figured before I buy the Torch I might as try this out.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

PIN/ID
    nada
    LOL. Yes it is so. Im two months in and could not be more satisfied. My wife bought a new 9700 today, so we're still rockin' the Berries.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm surprised she didn't get the Torch, G!

Congrats on your new iPhones, Tia!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Well she probably would have but the Torch was $200 plus tax, and she went to Wal Mart and got the 9700 for $53 including tax with her UG.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Yeah, much better deal there.

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    I am only two days into my iphone and right now I miss my bb. Several good reason for one I can't text like I am accustom... well not yet. I miss the red indicator light! I miss bbm even though I've lost so many contacts it's ashame. Will this old school 2g make me want to buy the g4? I can't say now plus I don't know what apps I need or anything.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

well, as you know, there are many here who are more than willing to help you, tia!

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Yea I know I just realized something, when I purchased these they were both jailbroken. When I updated the os on mine it reverted it back. Now I can't do themes and stuff. Is it best to jailbreak these?
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I don't think a 2G will help you decide to switch. It's to old and won't give you a true impression of what the newer ones can do.

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    pdxmatts that's what someone said on facebook "I don't think it will give you all the capabilities, but give it to a try to see if you like it at least". My upgrade is October 30th so I will play around with it until then. I might get the new one or I might just get the Torch.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

PIN/ID
    nada
    Tia, judging an i4 based on the performance of a 2G, 3G, or 3Gs is like judging a BB 9700 on the performance of an 8700. It ain't the same animal. I had a 3G, and my son has has 3Gs, and there's no comparison. If you miss the feel of the BB, and BBM, I would stick to it. Nancy toyed with the idea if getting an i4, but she used mine and opted for the 9700. If I didn't have this i4, I would def still be rockin my 9700. Do what makes Tia happy.
    Last edited by chokem; 09-20-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Chokem I full understand that a old school iphone can not be compared to the new phones. I guess I am just trying to see if it's something I would like in the future, a blackberry is a blackberry if you know how to work one it's not going to be that hard to switch to another one. Where as with the iphone the platform is so unlike RIM I guess that's what I am trying to judge how it will hold up to the roughness of begin thrown on the desk, thrown in my purse. How many text I can send lol. As for the bb I truly miss the bbm and the facebook app for some reason I can't completely understand it on iphone. Who knows though...
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

PIN/ID
    nada
    Whatever you decide I wish you the best. There's def a little learning curve on the iphone, and itunes can be a major pain sometimes-LOL.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast