Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I switched from my BB 9700 to the iPhone 4. I never had any issues ... Apple iPhone forum

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I switched from my BB 9700 to the iPhone 4. I never had any issues with my 9700 other then the Internet being really slow and that was the most important aspect of the phone for me. I have to say I am blown away by how fast the Internet is on the iPhone. It was well worth the effort and money to get it.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Two reason's I'm staying with BB. I can change the battery when I want to and I get all my email pushed to me. How well does the iPhone work with email? I have 7 or 8 email accounts on my BB and don't think there is a way to do that on the iPhone but I don't know for sure. Wonder what apple is doing with all the iPhone 4;s that are getting returned? Alsmost everybody I know that got one has returned it because of the antenna issue so they should have a ton of used phones. Makes you think you might be getting one of them thinking it's new from AT&T.
    May just wait and take a look at the BB table, the way it will work with my BB and the keyboard and case setup they will have will be pretty cool, alot better the the iPads

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Two reason's I'm staying with BB. I can change the battery when I want to and I get all my email pushed to me. How well does the iPhone work with email? I have 7 or 8 email accounts on my BB and don't think there is a way to do that on the iPhone but I don't know for sure. Wonder what apple is doing with all the iPhone 4;s that are getting returned? Alsmost everybody I know that got one has returned it because of the antenna issue so they should have a ton of used phones. Makes you think you might be getting one of them thinking it's new from AT&T.
    May just wait and take a look at the BB table, the way it will work with my BB and the keyboard and case setup they will have will be pretty cool, alot better the the iPads
    Apple has addressed the battery issue with the i4, mine will last almost as long as my 9700, so there's not need to have access to it to change it. I know a lot of peeps with i4s and none of them, including me, have had any reception issues or have returned theirs. I have two email clients on my i4, and while it's not push technology, it's still extremely fast and Ive never had an issue with the emails. Ive owned close to 25 Blackberries, including three 9000s, three 8900s and one 9700. So I can speak from experience about the differences between Apple and RIM. How many i4s have you owned?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Push email is not dependent on any device, it's the email service. The iPhone has Push just like every other device that has Push.

I have 6 email addresses and the only one that does not have Push is Google and I can actually get Google Push if I wanted to. I'm just not needing every Google email right at the very second Pushed to the iPhone. Polling every 15 minutes is just fine for me.

Let's not use "Push" email as anything other than what it is. Offered on pretty much any smartphone made in 2010.

While I'm at it, lets not talk about battery life as an issue with any iP4 either. The iP4 Battery is great, there is nothing to complain about. It's just like any other smartphone and it will run down if your streaming video to it all day. I will say this? It will last more than 4 hours and you don't need to have an extra Battery b/c you don't need one. It will get you thru a full day and with medium use almost 2 days.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Here's my take. If you are coperate and use BES your stuck. If not then there are is no reason not to make the jump to a more capable phone. The iPhone 4 is great!! Better than the 3GS and head and shoulders above any blackberry that they offer and I would say any one that has been leaked. The iPhone does email just as well as a blackberry and looks ten times better. Imagine viewing your emails the way they were mention to be viewed. Just like on the PC. Multiple accounts? No worries, iPhone will handle all of them, want them to be pushed? No problem. Battery.... Not a issue at all, Mine last all day, I mean all day not just work day but all day and I have a collective of about two to three hours during the work day on the phone. Many many emails, and loads of texts. The whole "I can change my battery" thing is outdated just like blackberries. Really there is no comparison between the two. The only reason nowadays to stay with blackberry is because your work uses BES. That's it. If AT&T has good coverage in your area then I would say go for it. If not then a phone is only as good as the network it is connected to. The iPhone is and will continue to be the benchmark for two reasons, the UI is great and very easy to learn and use and it does everything with apple flair. Plus the camera is absolutely the best on a phone today. The android guys will argue that saying that theirs has 8 MP but I can tell you from side by side comparison of the droid Inc 8MP vs the iPhone 4 5MP in photos that were taken at the same time back to back of each other, apple wins hands down.

First I've never owned an iPhone but did get an iPod touch a few weeks ago to play with. If the touch email works like the iphones then there is no way it is near what the BB has but then I might be way off comparing what I get with the touch. Could be I just need to get a better app, I don't know that is why I'm asking you guys for help here. As for the battery issue I don't care how long the battery lasts on a charge, what I'm worried about is when the battery is shot you have to send it in to get it replaced and that is not good. Also when deployed I need to have a spare battery or two so the phone keeps on working without needing to be charged itself. Don't always get around a source to charge the phone so being able to swap batteries is key. If possible I always keep a spare charging in my external charger. The web is better on the iPhone but I use the web on my phone maybe 10 mins a week so that part is not very important. Maybe I would use the web on an iPhone more but the toughbook and aircard is always at hand. Going to have to wait until I play with the 9800 to start for sure but still wanting to get all the facts first so thanks for the input.

Don't get me wrong I think I'm trying to talk myself into getting an iPhone I just don't think I will be very happy. Apple need to lone out one for a few days to a week. could go sign up for one and take the 30 days to play with it but I don't like doing that because I would be returning it before the 30 days and then just upgrading the phone on the account I have already. Come on guys can you talk me into switching??

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    sigh...just get a blackberry storm and quit your ranting or the blackpad i'm sure that'll go well (rolls eyes) Seriously, in all honesty people can talk people into doing some of the dumbest shyte they do but at the end of the day it all depends on the person who's willing to listen. If you keep replying with buts here and there and excuses then my friend you're destined to stay with the device you've been bred to use sad to say you'll end up wondering what if until you finally decide to venture out into something new just my 2 pennies.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I miss my blackberry, it is the most polished device but it is dated. It does everything you want it too. I have been with the iPhone 3gs for about a year now. The Iphone is only a half step behind the blackberry in e-mail. but with everything else, it is 10 feet ahead. The Applications add value, and so does itunes.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    To the OP: I would not go to At&t, it is by far gives me the most Drop calls then any other provider. T-Mobile is getting better, and HSPA+ will hopefully be certified 4g soon. (it is currently faster than Clear WiMax) Check out the HTC HD2, or the Samsung Galaxy... they do everything that the Iphone does.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Since you are having trouble leaving BB, then why don't you try the BB 9800 Torch coming out Aug 12th to ATT. If you don't like it, then your still with ATT and can try the iPhone 4 or the
    Samsung Captivate. All good phones.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    pdx has a good point. That is what I would do also. Trial and error without the cost.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^Just to add a couple of things I would keep in mind what the specifications of the phone are before jumping ship if I were you as well. The so called new blackberry torch only barely goes over 600mhz not even one gig which is pretty much a standard on the most popular smartphones out there. I mean, would you truly go for a computer running the latest Operating System i.e. Windows 7 on a motherboard which only dishes out 512mb of onboard ram? or would you rather go with a pc that runs windows 7 or xp whatever your preference may be and run 3gigs of ram instead which will enable you to cruise through your applications causing no lag.

I stopped looking at how the phone looked after I experienced the same issue on all my previous blackberries due to the lack of memory and not to mention I would have to go and buy a bigger sd card for my info i used to carry on the phone. Also, if you need to have a retractable battery to reset your phone you must ask yourself why would I need to retrieve and replace my batter at all? something ain't right here if I have to constantly do that now aint there?

I would test the devices and don't get me wrong I've been with AT&T for a while now and have had no issues in my area..New Jersey/Pennsylvania/Upstate and New York City. Not one dropped call. I'm not telling you to go with them because like most service providers out there it's all a matter of how the reception is in your area. I'm not saying one's better than the other but I would do some research before going jumping ship.

Good luck with your choice and may it be a wise decision for you not because someone told you to do it because it works for them choose it because it works for you. Technology keeps changing daily so if I were you I would go with the latest and fastest OS that's out there rather than settling for something that works occasionally.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I remember when Raton was relunctant to leave BB. Now look at him

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Don't get me wrong I think I'm trying to talk myself into getting an iPhone I just don't think I will be very happy. Apple need to lone out one for a few days to a week. could go sign up for one and take the 30 days to play with it but I don't like doing that because I would be returning it before the 30 days and then just upgrading the phone on the account I have already. Come on guys can you talk me into switching??

Until you realize that tmobile is just hanging in there. The big boys on wall street have put tmobile on the watch list. As they may not be around for much longer. As far as carriers it's either AT&T or verizon. Sprint, sorry. I can't stand to call someone on sprint and i get "please hold while the caller you are trying to reach is located" ...... Huh? Located??? If AT&T has good coverage then go get a iPhone 4. See how you like it for a few weeks. If not, bring it back and by that time the BB Torch will be out. I have a feeling that you won't go back to a out dated phone that you are not required to have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12