Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's amazing you own a 2011 version iPhone in 2010. Do you come from the ... Apple iPhone forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Advertisement

It's amazing you own a 2011 version iPhone in 2010. Do you come from the future? How is AT&T 4G? I'd like to know if we did good or not. 4G. Wow. We have to wait a whole other year before we can get it in our hands.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Apple and AT&T play this like no one else. How many clients are confusing the iOS4.0 with 4G ? I tell you - plenty ! They All waiting for the signal on the iPhone to change from 3G to 4G. When finally it happens (when it happens) they Will still be staring...

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Apple and AT&T play this like no one else. How many clients are confusing the iOS4.0 with 4G ? I tell you - plenty ! They All waiting for the signal on the iPhone to change from 3G to 4G. When finally it happens (when it happens) they Will still be staring...
    I've not heard of anyone confusing iOS4 with 4G. People are confusing (from my experience) the new model phone as a 4G device, when it's not one. I'm really waiting for an answer on AT&T's 4G network, I'm stoked to find out how we're doing a year from now. Knowing our luck, the second iPhone 4G rolls out, Sprint will get 5G.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    "People are confusing (from my experience) the new model phone as a 4G device..."

That's what I meant. Don't you think the Marketing experts at Apple don't play on this ? Betcha !

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Just was speaking to an Apple rep who referred to his own 3G iPhone 4 as an iPhone 4G.Is there a "Facepalm" smiley?? Because now's an excellent time to type one in.An Apple rep himself called it an iPhone 4G. If that's what rep's are calling it in stores, they're in for a big lawsuit. Friggin dumbtards!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...that's the pits. Or, efficient brain Washing !

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I like "dumbtard" I'm keeping that one to use later.

Anyway if a person uses that term in that way it should tell you they know nothing about what they are speaking of. Don't waste anymore time and ask for another person who knows right from left and understands why a car needs gas every so often.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    AT&T hasn't had one commercial about having a 4G network so they have no liability in peoples misconception that the new iP4 may be a 4G phone. They have called it the iphone 4 since its preorder days. The reps in the stores are not vey well educated on what is going on in the mobile world although you would think that they would be. If the the reps are calling it iPhone 4G then that is their mistake and the customer would soon learn how helpful store reps are. That being said i bet there isn't if at all a return of the new iPhone 4 because of this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Great review! I am still thinking/wondering about trying the Iphone 4. Of course every new gadget has teething problems so dithering can be a plus .

The look and feel of the Iphone is where Apple has got it right. Maybe they should buy out RIM and integrate the eimail capabilitiws.

djn151 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile

My thoughts on the Iphone 4 about a week later:

I love this device. I must say that now that i'm getting used to it, it's like when tivo first came out. Before i had tivo, I thought it was a fad. I got tivo and it changed the way i watched TV. The same thing applies to the iphone. I'm now logging onto my computer at work with VNC a task that i used to do only on my laptop. I never even dreamed of doing that on my bold.

The screen on the Iphone is unreal. I can't surf the web enough on the iphone. I consider the blackberry a black and white tv now. The Iphone is 3d and in full color and I can't believe how much i'm loving this phone.

I even love the email on the iphone. The threaded email is works beautifully, the html display is just amazing. I find myself looking to the iphone before my desktop for emails now.

Typing on the Iphone is even becoming easier for me now. Dare i say even easier than my bold... Yes. I'm learning shortcuts that make typing on the iphone just as easy as the bold.

Apps are just amazing. You can find apps to do just about anything except toggle bluetooth and wifi on/off. I'm still pissed off about that. The Motion X gps app is simply amazing and has already rendered my Tom Tom to ebay. I can finally have Facebook back on my phone because it does not make my iphone run like Shlt. I had to remove fb from bb numerous times.

The reception so far is just as good as my bold. I did notice the death grip thing but a simple phone condom did the trick. It really was never much of a problem for me. The gyroscope works great and no issues with the proximity sensor at all.

The front facing camera has so far proven to be non essential. I have yet to use it or even have a desire to.

The VPN settings on the iphone are a godsend. They work great. I can connect to my office vpn and view any desktop on my network. Works great!

Battery... it's not bad. Its not as good as the bold. I can make it through a day with normal usage. Overall it's much better than my wifes 3gs battery life. I really can't complain.

One thing i really miss is the clock from the bb. As soon as put the bold on the dock it changed into an alarm clock. I really liked that. The iphone just turns black when you dock it. It's small thing but something an app just cant replicate.

Pin messaging: Yes i thought i would miss that. Meebo fills the void very nicely. I simply use gtalk now with Meebo. Meebo keeps me connected to gtalk and also gives me push notifications and all for free.

Stability: The iphone has been rock solid for me. No reboots. And even if i did have to reboot it, it would only take about 30 seconds as opposed to the 8-10 minutes for my bold.

Why do my blackberry friends get so mad at me for defecting to the Iphone? The Iphone is not a phone for retards, it's a powerful device for pleasure and for BUSINESS!

In conclusion, I am now fully on the dark side and Luke is not bringing me back.

David N
    www.paper-scanning-services.com

djn151 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Give in and try it. You will not be disappointed.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by djn151 View Post
    Give in and try it. You will not be disappointed.
    August 7 for me
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I don't think you went to the Dark Side. I think you took a chance to see something different and found out it's better than you had thought in the first place.
    It's nice to see another person look past a RIM product and find out it's what they wanted. RIM is from a era gone bye. RIM is still rock solid as ever but simply not able to make a product like Google or Apple. A menu driven OS is slowly going away and will be a nitch product soon.

RIM will introduce more Touch Screens soon tho, they have no choice if they want to keep consumers. RIM still has the best hardware keyboard still and there will always be a need for that too.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    August 7 for me
    I broke down, bit the bullet, paid the early UG fee and am now rocking the i4-very nice.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...ok Glenn, you know what comes next ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast