Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ for a touch screen, I would pick the iphone over the storm.... Apple iPhone forum

TheRealJDM no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ for a touch screen, I would pick the iphone over the storm.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealJDM View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ for a touch screen, I would pick the iphone over the storm.
    Well I never!

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    If all you want is a touchscreen I guess that would be ok, but if you need the things that make a blackberry a blackberry that would be a bad choice.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3

Dont' miss my BB

Quote Originally Posted by Safiy View Post
    If all you want is a touchscreen I guess that would be ok, but if you need the things that make a blackberry a blackberry that would be a bad choice.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I really don't miss any of the BB features. But never was in need of BES or BIS . The Iphone3g can have 10 email addresses, it does have push technology and you can set the time when you want mail pushed, every 15min,30min,etc. Or manual push.

I really can't think of any thing else I would want a BB for though. And after spending 4 years on BB browser, I decided it was time to get a phone with a better browser. Better apps,games,etc. also. Its got all the features you could ever want.

But the BB is what started all of these features I suppose. So hats off to Rim. And if they ever do get a better touch screen that works better than an Iphone, I suppose I will try it.

So who wants to take a punch at me now?

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Well… I guess you told me. Although I did say if you need bb features.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-25-2009 at 02:02 PM.

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    And more importantly, it's all about making you happy.

Congrats. Enjoy your new phone.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103 View Post
    I really don't miss any of the BB features. But never was in need of BES or BIS . The Iphone3g can have 10 email addresses, it does have push technology and you can set the time when you want mail pushed, every 15min,30min,etc. Or manual push.

I really can't think of any thing else I would want a BB for though. And after spending 4 years on BB browser, I decided it was time to get a phone with a better browser. Better apps,games,etc. also. Its got all the features you could ever want.

But the BB is what started all of these features I suppose. So hats off to Rim. And if they ever do get a better touch screen that works better than an Iphone, I suppose I will try it.

So who wants to take a punch at me now?
    Hate to bust your bubble but what you are describing is not "push" mail but "pull". When you set your device to get your email at set times, that is PULLING mail from the server. Push email is when your mail server sends the email to your device as soon as it hits your inbox with no action required by you or your device. Currently, I think the only accounts that PUSH on the iPhone are Exchange Mail accounts, MobileMe (although I have heard still not very quickly for some), GMail accounts and maybe Yahoo. Other email accounts are usually IMAP or POP3 and they do not have true PUSH technology.

Also, BB/RIM was not the innovator of the features that you are giving them the "hats off" for. Apps, games and brower applications on a smartphone are better credited to Palm. RIM devices pioneered the push email but only in the last few years started making devices with web browsers and multimedia abilities.

I have to agree thought that the iPhone is superior on those levels. BB's are good devices but to me, unless you are restricted to BB's for work, there are better choices for well rounded business/entertainment devices. I have a Storm sitting beside me now and just noticed that it has rebooted itself again for the 2nd time today. Thank goodness I didn't give up my iPhone for it.

It may have MMS, C/P, but one thing it SORELY lacks is stability.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    LOL - too much

And you actually made him believe you ?! LOL

Sorry jpl but cat is a funny one ... he was being sarcastic.
    Dude, don't mock JPL. Sarcasm is not exactly easy to pickup on in a web forum, eh? That's why most posters, when being sarcastic, indicate that fact in the post. ie (sarcasm). This is the iPhone forum the last time I looked so it's not a real leap that we would be hearing from defectors here.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Quote Originally Posted by jpl572103 View Post
    You will need to buy the incase power slider. It doubles as a case and extra battery. Cost's 99 but is well worth it unless you want to keep charging the Iphone up 2 times a day. Aside from that , the phone has been spectacular. It has crashed 2 times and has been the same crash, "it got stuck on features and wouldn't let me go back". Both times it crashed this is what happned. A hard reset of the device and no problems. I can remember pulling my BB battery multiple times a day , so this is not a big deal.

I have had my Iphone for almost a month and can type on it so easily now, and love the features,apps,ipod,you tube, email, etc.
    Hmm needs charging twice a day, freezes and battery pulls? And this is waaaay better? Yeah sounds awesome.
    Last edited by Safiy; 01-31-2009 at 08:08 AM.

yourock2425 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *&^%$#
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    plunger?
    lmfao!!!!

jpl572103 no está en línea Stack level 3
    For those of you not familiar with the power consumption of the Iphone, there are some things that use
    quite a bit of battery power. Beautiful screen that is by far the brightest and largest screen that I have ever owned. The ability to use wifi,3g,ipod,you tube,best internet experience,best games,weather apps,google apps,gps apps,mail,text, and of course you can talk on it also.

And I will attest that this phone is by far the smoothest flowing, operating system,etc.
    And if I find a BB that can compete with the Iphone, then I will get another BB.

So naturally the battery will drain fast if you use all of the features throughout the day with the Iphone. But, I have owned plenty of BB's that suck the battery dry in 4-6 hours from just sitting on the coffee table. And I am sure many BB users will agree to this statement.

So the Iphone battery consumption based on the features it allows you to use, is very acceptable.
    The incase power slider not only doubles the battery but is also a full protective hard case.
    I don't think BB offers a case that provides extra battery life, if they did I am sure 90% of BB users would
    buy a case like that.

so make fun of the Iphone, who cares. I find it very ammusing that we are able to have discussions like this. why don't you try an Iphone for 3 weeks. Then you will see what i mean. go ahead try one. It took alot of nerve to even hold an Iphone as my heart was with BB.

But i am glad I did.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    My take? Never get married to any make or model, just use what you like...

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Exactly, and you could always come back for seconds, thirds etc. lol

I'm partially married to my 8320, pretty soon I'm going to take a look at the 8900's Curves.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    My take? Never get married to any make or model, just use what you like...

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~
    ~via Blackberry smartphone~

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by aunkster View Post
    The iphone is allot faster,the iphone is allot smoother.
    I have a mac and if you a a rim owner mac is not good.

Rim refuses to deal with mac.

ive never lost a call.
    dual boot OSX and windows? lol windows works the best on mac's
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    hey congratulations on the switch and welcome to the enlightened side of your mobile life. I don't get what people say when they say "bb features" because having owned a bb for 4 years, I really don't see anything I'm missing now on the iPhone. The iPhone does have push email. If you have one, it says it right there in the system prefs. "fetch new data: push". My email comes instantly as it did on my bb. No cut and paste is not a big deal. The iPhone pretty much eliminates the need for it, but if it's an absolute need, then there's an app for that. Need mms? There's an app for that.

You know what the best part about the iPhone is? I have a ton of apps (half games and fun half for my profession) and I still haven't had to pull the battery, do the alt LGLG, or cycle reboot! Oh and that safari browser.. Best in the business.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast