I did it! I have a New 32gig 3G/S-Series I-Phone, she is a beauty, and ... Apple iPhone forum

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Jumper! 1 Less Blackberry Junkie In The World

Advertisement

I did it! I have a New 32gig 3G/S-Series I-Phone, she is a beauty, and Charging right now- I have a couple quick Questions:

(A) The Transfer of everything to the I-Phone, I Synched everything to Outlook from the Bold, on my PC, Im running Vista Ultimate- Should I transfer everything through ITunes when I connect the Iphone to my PC for the first time, or should I go through Mobile ME? Which is easier and less mistake free?

(B) Mobile Me, their offering a free 60 day or 6 week trial, at the Apple site, is it the real, full thing? and also if you do the trial, does it delete the time from when you buy the Retail Version?

Text Messaging or Instant Messaging, is there anything like the BB Instant Messenger? or is Beehive the best of the rest.? do they have a site that gives you an idea of how it works?

Anything elese that anyone can suggest will be greatly appreciated. BTW, they say curiousity kills the cat? Meow, Meow, I went to several places today that I had nothing but hardships communicating with my Blackberry Bold, and it stated I had full strength 3 G signal levels- the I-Phone trounced the Bold- Absolutely crystal clear as a bell communications, How can that be?

The Apple Store was a Zoo today, but they were really nice, I got more help and friendly help from them than I ever did from a AT&T Retail Store.

They mentioned that I should learn I Tunes, they said the better you know I Tunes the more success you will have with your I Phone, are there any tutorials available for I Tunes?
    Favorite Cases, (With A Clip) any worthwhile accessories, heres one from me to all of you, WHO said you cant use a Stylus? This one works, and "if your like a chicken" you can "Peck" away on the keyboard, Is it fast, absolutely, I had it with me in the Apple Store, and before I could say Shazzamm, I had people all over me asking if they could try it- http://www.tenonedesign.com/stylus.php

I would appreeciate any good input from any recent "Jumper", Hey Hayden and Gang, I couldnt have done this with out all of your terriffic help!
    Last edited by ItsaRaid; 07-18-2009 at 11:56 PM. Reason: typo

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Congrats!

A. Plug the phone into iTunes and use the selection Tabs that appear for the iPhone to make your sync selections.
    I would use MobileMe for everything you can. Use the control Panel in Windows to make sure MobileMe is playing nice with your Windows software.

B. The Trial is full features, The Start would be from the day the Trial expires.

C. Beejive is an awesome IM Client and works great on the iPhone. I've been using it and love it.
    Beejive web site

Yes, iTunes does an outstanding job managing everything for the iPhone. This would also include backing it up and Restoring it if you ever have to.

Cases:
    Seidio
    Case-Mate

Enjoy
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-19-2009 at 12:07 AM.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love the capsule rebel case made by switcheasy.

Don't worry about finding itunes tutorials, it's so easy to use it should click immediately. I only use it to sync apps to, so you don't have to use it for music and stuff if you don't want to.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    Enjoy your new toy. I lost my iphone today so I'm back in a bold. Have fun.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    I hope that your early sucess with th 3G connection continues. That's the main weakness AT&T has right now, they haven't kept up with the 3G implementation like they committed to Apple.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Enjoy your new device and please share all you learn so others can gain from your experience.

johnck78 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C9CC5
    Made the jump last week! If you are a GMail user you should look into GoogleSync, it wirelessly syncs your contacts and calendar to GMail, and it's free! I use IM+ with push, it works great and handles lots of services including Facebook.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Update the "device" section of your profile guys. We have soo many new iPhone and Android jumpers but many forget to update profile.

We have to look into a way of making that easier.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here are a pictures of the Seidio case actually on the phone.
    Web Site
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-20-2009 at 12:10 PM.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    iFrogZ case shots. I don't have this case but have held a phone using the case and it does fit very well. The colors are brights and of course it covers the Apple Logo which many people like.
    The only thing I did not like about this case was at the bottom in the two corners it's not rounded like at the top. Seems different to me. The cut out around the volume control on the left side of the phone is also too wide. It's cut larger than on the Seidio case. It's noticeable when holding the phone.
    Web Site and can be found in any AT&T Store.
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-20-2009 at 12:11 PM.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Solo FX Cases

Solo FX Cases are also popular. Also comes in Clear and Black colors
    Web Site
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-20-2009 at 12:09 PM.

PIN/ID
    Retired

Otter Box Cases

And if you want to protect the iPhone even more. Here is the OtterBox cases.

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    great info.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Solo FX Cases are also popular. Also comes in Clear and Black colors
    Web Site

curveyberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    well..definitely update and let us know how you like your iphone...definitely thinking about getting the iphone (was told by tmobile rep that they may get it by the end of the year).keeping fingers crossed.

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wonder what would happen to ATT vs Tmobile and the iPhone is more than just ATT had it... hmm...