Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Indeed, with Hayden's move making Pinstack a Smartphone community and not only a BB anymore ... Apple iPhone forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Indeed, with Hayden's move making Pinstack a Smartphone community and not only a BB anymore there is no dark side anymore and we welcome everybody from any platform with open arms !

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I might be moving on myself in the next 13 months unless I decide to stay with the BB.

KarlJ no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask 4 it
    I moved my personal cell (a Moto Razr) to iPhone right after Xmas soon as it went out of contract with Sprint. I still maintain my business' 8830 on Sprint and plan to stay there for a while. If anything, I may upgrade the 8830 to a 8330 Curve, but for know I have the best of both. Both are super phones.

jgreg no está en línea Stack level 2
    After 2 Pearls I am now trying the new 8900. In many ways the 8900 is an improvement but the browser is still terrible, the system is sluggish and I hate the change from Mini to Micro USB. It seems that the 3rd generation iPhone is coming this spring so I think I'll return the 8900 and wait. http://www.everythingicafe.com/artic...-june-release/
    While I am waiting maybe I'll check out the new Pre.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    I made the switch myself over the weekend. I was using a personal BB but on a corporate bes. After the company came out and said they were going to lock down my phone to be on the bes I decided I was not down for that. I was available for an upgrade at AT&T and had been toying with the idea for some time now.

It has not been long but so far I really am happy with the switch. There are many positives to both phones and both have their negatives as well although I think BB has fewer negatives than the iphone but the iphone has more positives for me personally. It really comes down to a personal decision that every user has to make for themselves. Neither choice is wrong (or bad) as long as you, the consumer, are happy with the choice.

I decided that since I was not going to be getting corp email anymore that I really did not need push email and pulling it when I wanted was perfectly fine by me. I am willing to give that up for the more appealing email gui that is on the iphone.

It only took me a few hours to get used to the keyboard switch. While I miss the tactile feeling of pressing keys the intuitiveness of the iphone's keyboard is quite exceptional in my opinion.

The browser is a no brainer, to most, I would think.

The apps is neat but is definitetly nothing that drove me to this phone. I only look at freebies anyway and not spending money on any.

I do miss 'hot keys' for speed dialing but the favorites button on the phone is really proving almost as useful.

The ability to have it function as my ipod and my phone has been a big improvement when at the gym since I always have both with me...now just one device.

I don't use mms so that is not an issue for me. If I really want to send a pic, doing it via email is quite fine for me.

Cut and paste is a huge ommission and I am sure there will be times I will miss this a great deal. In my opinion that is the single biggest issue with the iphone. Only time will tell if that cripples me, if I learn to adjust or if apple comes out with a software upgrade to correct. My money says they will eventually bend to the consumer but who knows...Jobs is an egocentric dude so they may not.

All in all, I am quite happy but I can easily see another user being just as happy staying with a BB. Like I said earlier, it really just comes down to personal preferences and needs.

Good luck to all in their personal choice on this matter.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Great post theRiddler I have to say i agree with everything you posted and thats the reasoning I had when I got my iPhone 3G but since then I missed BBMessenger and the physical keyboard so i had ran back to BB. But i actually did love the apps on the iPhone and bought quite a few lol.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jgreg View Post
    After 2 Pearls I am now trying the new 8900. In many ways the 8900 is an improvement but the browser is still terrible, the system is sluggish and I hate the change from Mini to Micro USB. It seems that the 3rd generation iPhone is coming this spring so I think I'll return the 8900 and wait. http://www.everythingicafe.com/artic...-june-release/
    While I am waiting maybe I'll check out the new Pre.
    While i have too heard of rumors of an iPhone PRO - which makes sense considering the Macbook PRO the Mac PRO - for a more corporate audience of just people that want more features etc... I dont think it will look like that (as much as i would LOVE it to lol)
    The picture you are liking to is a fan concept art i linked to yesterday and specifically states at the bottom left of the artwork :
    Speculative Design by xxx xxx
    But trust me on this, i will be ecstatic to the idea of an iPhone Pro being a big Apple fanboy myself

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Great post theRiddler I have to say i agree with everything you posted and thats the reasoning I had when I got my iPhone 3G but since then I missed BBMessenger and the physical keyboard so i had ran back to BB. But i actually did love the apps on the iPhone and bought quite a few lol.

Thanks ranxoren...the physical keyboard is definitely a nice thing. I did not use bbm much at all so that was never a factor in my reasoning but I could easily see how that would be a big deal if you use it much. The important thing is that you (or anyone else for that matter) have a device that meets your needs...sounds like you do so that is GREAT!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    haha well at the moment i dont have any device as all of my BB got stolen ... but yeah i catch your drift lol

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I think everyone love their new iPhone for a week or so and then the Blackberry calls you back. It got me back, twice!

The iPhone is an outstanding device but my Bold gets it done better!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

The Bold is definitely a great device!

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890
    I have both the BB and the iPhone... I love them both!
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12