Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

In all honesty, you hear more about iphones being bricked than blackberries. Just goes to ... Apple iPhone forum

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD

Advertisement

In all honesty, you hear more about iphones being bricked than blackberries. Just goes to show that berries are sweeter than apples.
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    *Now accepting free bricks*

I want to build a house that the Big Bad Wolf can't blow down
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    *Now accepting free bricks*

I want to build a house that the Big Bad Wolf can't blow down
    HAHA! LOVE IT!
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    So once a iphone is bricked thats it? Is not good?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Brick

Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    So once a iphone is bricked thats it? Is not good?
    No, "That's it" comes from a hammer or dropping it in the lake or something like that.
    I've never understood the "I've bricked my smartphone and it's my only phone and my lifeline please help posts". Even tho things can get tangled there is normally a way to fix it.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I bought another phone to get me through the lapse from the time my phone is at apple, I was having withdrawals bad! I tried to use my old curve and I got a headache and felt sick (I dont know what was going on). Although my gf said I txted her ALOT faster.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Not too long ago after getting my first iPhone and then switching to the Bold I sent identicle texts from each phone. The Text from the Bold always arrived about 5 seconds before the text from my iPhone. I tried it several times and it always seem to arrive first from the bb. Not sure who, what, why? But found it interesting.

I remain a Bold fan using an iPhone

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I could say how lame that is but I made promise to myself a while back to ignore these types of post.......just so you know
    Don't let them get to you man. People just don't like to see people do things different than them and for some reason people get their gut in the issue if someone switches to a different brand of phone. I now just find it comical regardless of which side of the debate you sit on to see people criticize others because they have another viewpoint. Just enjoy your phone, whether that be a blackberry, an iphone or any other type of phone. As long as it works for you then it is good

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    If they would put out a device that was similar in dimensions to a curve with a touch screen and full qwerty keyboard. I would be super excited.

I would leave Apple's deathgrip and hop back on the RIM bandwagon.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    If they would put out a device that was similar in dimensions to a curve with a touch screen and full qwerty keyboard. I would be super excited.

I would leave Apple's deathgrip and hop back on the RIM bandwagon.
    if that were to come out, we would all be happy!
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

PIN/ID
    Retired
    That makes me wonder if they didn't try that but end up going with the Storm's shape instead? Anyone know why they choose that form and not one like the Bold or Curve?

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    No no no no and no!!!! All you need is an iphone with a trackball!!!!!! Thats all you need.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    Don't let them get to you man. People just don't like to see people do things different than them and for some reason people get their gut in the issue if someone switches to a different brand of phone. I now just find it comical regardless of which side of the debate you sit on to see people criticize others because they have another viewpoint. Just enjoy your phone, whether that be a blackberry, an iphone or any other type of phone. As long as it works for you then it is good
    Great advice and I agree completely!

Wilfred no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2138A139
    I got an iPhone to try making the jump but wasnt as good as the BB, so I keep both, I use the iPhone on wifi and as VoIP, although one time travelling my BB died so I switched the SIM and used it like that, good for some apps like Earthscape, Trapster and using VoIP over 3G, but as a comm device, is far below BB.

On BB I am running BB messenger / Google Talk / Live Messenger, I have cam/video and can open excel/word/ppt documents.

On iPhone, even thouh I jailbreak my 3G (Latest OS, use quickpwn), I am running backgrounder and notifier so I can have IM+ or Fring running in the background and get notifications, that isnt the same, just doesnt work as good, I need to be up on all those. Now on top of that my wife and I use BB messenger so for me there is no chage.

iPhone is a powerful system, surely the most advanced and best phone OS, I can snif packets and get WiFi keys with it etc, but for me keeping in touch is first. Besides I never type as fast, I guess I will upgrady only to the Curve 8900 when I can.
    Curve @ 2138A139

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    download hapticpro on your phone and then try typing, it increased my speed having the feedback when I typed a key.
    Quotes to live by:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast