Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey stackers, me again, check this out, my laptop got mess up, (actually i got ... Apple iPhone forum

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4

itunes question

Advertisement

hey stackers, me again, check this out, my laptop got mess up, (actually i got mad and break it) i had all my music, apps and movies in it, now i got me a mac but itunes dont let me do anything to my iphone, no sync nothing, from what i know the only way to let me do somthing in the iphone is by restoring the iphone in the mac, and start from the begening, but ill loose all my data,is there any way to back up my iphone in my new itunes? without losing everything.
    thanks in advance.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    ifuntastic

you can also authorize the computer your currently on with your current account to save apps.
    Last edited by neorabid; 01-03-2010 at 01:40 AM.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    ifuntastic
    will it let me sync no problem?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    When you go into iTunes and hook up your iPhone, does it bring it up? If it does, you can right click on your iPhone name and click on transfer purchases. But, it only transfers your purchases, not any music that you downloaded off cd's.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    ifuntastic will let you access everything and more just like ifunbox but with more features if you donate.

iPhoneview is free and it allows you to access stuff on your iPhone just like ifunbox.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/314608458/PV2.3.2.rar
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    you can just sync to your old stuff after you add it to your itunes
    Quotes to live by:

what if i put more stuff in my itunes?

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    you take your music off the iphone and add it to your itunes library would be just like you adding more anyways.
    Quotes to live by:

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Remember to authorize the Mac for use with iTunes. Then I would also recomend removing the Auto sync "check box". So in the future when u connect the iPhone to the Mac and open iTunes it does NOTHING without you saying it's ok.
    After being authorized and connecting the phone to iTunes you will see a lot of Tabs. Go thru each set of Tabs and place checks in the items you want on the phone. Un-check things you don't want on the phone. When done remember to select Sync (bottom right corner of screen)

Glad to see another person make the switch to OS X.
    Last edited by srl7741; 01-03-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    When you go into iTunes and hook up your iPhone, does it bring it up? If it does, you can right click on your iPhone name and click on transfer purchases. But, it only transfers your purchases, not any music that you downloaded off cd's.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    it tells me that is gonna erase all my data

You need to take it off auto sync like Srl suggested.

i did and all my music got wiped out my phone

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    oops!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    oops!
    lol thats what i say

If you purchased anything from iTunes, you can go into your iTunes store account and transfer them to iTunes that you set up on your computer. Also you need to authorize your computer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast