i just pluged my iphone to my other laptop when i found out the i ... Apple iPhone forum

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4

itunes issue

Advertisement

i just pluged my iphone to my other laptop when i found out the i cant select nothing from my iphone i touhg it was i problem with the iphone so so i plug it back to the 1st com and it work how can i make it work in all computers? i tryed authorize the computer but still nothing

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    This might work? BUT I'm not sure so be careful and backup things just in case. If it does not work remember I'm just trying to help and for the most part you can't do what your asking without messing around with the files on both computers. You need to trick the laptop into thinking it's the desktop.

Copy your

/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library
    and
    /Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml to a flash drive

Then copy those files to the same location on your laptop. Then launch iTunes. You'll notice all the music you have show up, but it's all missing. Just delete it all in iTunes.

Then drag your /Music/iTunes/iTunes Music folder onto the iTunes icon to get all your music back into iTunes.
    Now you can sync with both computers because iTunes thinks it's the same computer.

Make sure you've enabled "Manually Manage Music and Videos" in the iPhone tab in iTunes. If you have it auto-sync it will replace the music.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    iTunes is retarded like that!

I know your jailbroken so check out a program in Cydia called "SwapTunes" it will allow you to have media from two iTunes accounts.

If you want to sync with multiple computers use a program called Media Monkey but it is not compatible with 3.1 yet so you would have to be on 3.0.1 for it to work and not iTunes 9. Media Monkey Site

or you could just buy a flash drive or a portable HD and copy all the music off the laptop and place it on the main computer and add it to your itunes library to so that you can sync whatever you wanted off the laptop.

LMK which route you go, I want to see how this turns out.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sorry I took so long to answer but I was working. They're both laptops and on one of them I have media monkey but the both are running iTunes 9.0.1 I think. So I'm gonna stop today to the store and pick up a flash. Is there a tutorial video on how to do this? I try to find one but no luck.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    iTunes is retarded like that!

I know your jailbroken so check out a program in Cydia called "SwapTunes" it will allow you to have media from two iTunes accounts.

If you want to sync with multiple computers use a program called Media Monkey but it is not compatible with 3.1 yet so you would have to be on 3.0.1 for it to work and not iTunes 9. Media Monkey Site

or you could just buy a flash drive or a portable HD and copy all the music off the laptop and place it on the main computer and add it to your itunes library to so that you can sync whatever you wanted off the laptop.

LMK which route you go, I want to see how this turns out.

As of 11-19-2009 mediamonkey works again
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.