I'm pissed. I did a clean OS install on my laptop, thinking I had everything ... Apple iPhone forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

iPod to iTunes Music Transfer?

Advertisement

I'm pissed.

I did a clean OS install on my laptop, thinking I had everything backed up to my WD external drive. WRONG!! Nothing there and I don't know where the heck it went. Pictures and music.......GONE!! Ugh.

Thankfully, I had all my documents saved up to SugarSync, so I'm restoring them as I type this but still......

Anyway, I have a lot of music on my iPod and iPhone. Not all of the 92gb I had in iTunes, but still plenty. I know this has been brought up before, but how can I transfer the music from the devices back to the laptop?

Thanks in advance.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Last edited by srl7741; 05-01-2012 at 01:49 PM.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Anything you have purchased from iTunes you can redownload free.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    One of the biggest problems I encountered even after backing up my ITunes library before changing computers was that I lost a lot of the links to Album covers, I have a similar number of Tunes to Roger, so now I will have to live without the Album covers as life is too short to go through every song and put in a cover picture. I only have about 2000 songs purchased from ITunes the rest of my music comes from CD's and cassettes that I moved to digital.

I like the look of the programs suggested above, particularly sharepod, I will definitely be interested to hear experiences with them
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I used syncmate, it syncs both ways and is cross platform . But it's not free.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, I lost about 18gb of music, but recovered 73gb, thanks to SharePod! Great little (FREE) app, Steve. Took awhile to get everything loaded back to the PC, but it was worth it.