Results 1 to 12 of 12

My iPhone is tripping. I was listening to music with my earphones the I stop ... Apple iPhone forum

  1. #1
    evo1725's Avatar
    evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    532

    iPhone tripping

    Advertisement



    My iPhone is tripping. I was listening to music with my earphones the I stop it and took off the earphones from the phone now the fone thinks it still have the earphones plugged cuz I put the volumen up and it says earfones still! Does someone knows why this is? I tryed rebooting the fone and nothing can someone help me.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

  2. #2
    beeshabo's Avatar
    beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,397
    evo - Does the phone still ring? and does the sound/music come out of the speaker? With the headphones NOT plugged in.

  3. #3
    maz94protege's Avatar
    maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Posts
    620
    Try restarting the phone, or just plug in the sync cable and resync the phone to your computer and see if that kicks it out of the iPod mode. If your still having an issue, try re-installing the software. You shouldnt loose any data, just your songs, iTunes will backup your device when it syncs, then re-install the OS.

    Hope this helps ya
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

  4. #4
    mobile99's Avatar
    mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
    Try restarting the phone, or just plug in the sync cable and resync the phone to your computer and see if that kicks it out of the iPod mode. If your still having an issue, try re-installing the software. You shouldnt loose any data, just your songs, iTunes will backup your device when it syncs, then re-install the OS.

    Hope this helps ya
    Great suggestion, this is what I did and it fixed mine when I had the same issue about two weeks ago.

  5. #5
    evo1725's Avatar
    evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    evo - Does the phone still ring? and does the sound/music come out of the speaker? With the headphones NOT plugged in.
    No it don't ring or anything but I know the speaker works cuz when I go to settings>sounds and I hold the volumen bard. Music comes out of the speaker
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

  6. #6
    beeshabo's Avatar
    beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,397
    try messing with the "Sound Effects" section in Settings

  7. #7
    evo1725's Avatar
    evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    try messing with the "Sound Effects" section in Settings
    Nada still not working
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

  8. #8
    calm_tiger's Avatar
    calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,418
    All else fails.......back up your data with iTunes and restore your OS.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

  9. #9
    evo1725's Avatar
    evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    532
    cant do that my computer is mess up

  10. #10
    maz94protege's Avatar
    maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Posts
    620
    Close to an apple store or a bestbuy? They both have macs that you can use to try re-installing the software or speak with an apple tech.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

  11. #11
    evo1725's Avatar
    evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by maz94protege View Post
    Close to an apple store or a bestbuy? They both have macs that you can use to try re-installing the software or speak with an apple tech.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Oh can I use the computer from the store? I didn't know that.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

  12. #12
    ReggieSmith's Avatar
    ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    104

    Smile

    and go ahead and get your PC fixed while you're at it. you are playing with fire not having a recent backup.
    ------

    From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •