Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any iPhone users thinking about the Moto Droid? Its release date is 2 days from ... Apple iPhone forum

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

Question iPhone to Droid?

Advertisement

Any iPhone users thinking about the Moto Droid? Its release date is 2 days from now, although im very happy with my iPhone, wishing it was on a different network...but im always up to try and test out new devices.

Curious on everyones thoughts.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm not switching but will be attempting to land a Droid for backup and fun purposes. This will give me till June 2010 to decide if I will remain on the fruit plan. Android 2.0 should be pretty good, I'm probably not going to like the hardware no matter how nice it is. I'm not a slider person. I can't imagine sliding that many times each day. I am interested in finding out for myself how the UI works and weather it's an simple to use as the iPhone.

I'm sure come June 2010 the Droid will have had a positive effect on what we get from Apple.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Some additional thoughts after driving down the road (parked currently)

I think the Droid and Android will pull away more Blackberry users than iPhone users. Ever since the first Pearl a new generation of user has switched over to RIM products. The Droid offers more of what they want and currently either not getting from RIM or are frustrated with. iPhone users are happy for the most part if you look at various surveys. They complain about the Carrier but not the phone and seem to be happy with the UI and App Store.

RIM stands to lose more unless they improve the App Store and change their UI somehow and stop releasing the same Model phone over and over only to offer WiFi vs No WiFi type options.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    i came from bb to iphone to andriod(mytouch3g). now back with the iphone. although both the iphone and mytouch ui were amazing with the amount of icons, programs, customization they just are not fast enough. when i tap messages or try to "touch" messages I want the messages then(just an example). Its a pain to keep tapping or trying to press or waiting several seconds to make a simple phone call(seems like forever). Although, ill admit I probably didn't give android enough time. In the end I'm looking for a new bb its never failed me.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post

I think the Droid and Android will pull away more Blackberry users than iPhone users. Ever since the first Pearl a new generation of user has switched over to RIM products. The Droid offers more of what they want and currently either not getting from RIM or are frustrated with. iPhone users are happy for the most part if you look at various surveys. They complain about the Carrier but not the phone and seem to be happy with the UI and App Store.

RIM stands to lose more unless they improve the App Store and change their UI somehow and stop releasing the same Model phone over and over only to offer WiFi vs No WiFi type options.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Interesting thought that sounds about right to me.

Went from the Pearl, to the Storm (where I discovered a big, big letdown) and to my current phone. Can't imagine going back to BB if their current trend continues on the way it has.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I might check out that X10 but probably wont get rid of my iphone
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post

Nailed it! BB users are so sick of new hardware with the same crummy browser, same memory eating OS, lackluster html email and more. I am! Seriously trying to squeeze staying with VZW into my budget so I can get the Droid, and if I can't I will look for another Android device on another carrier.

Don't get me wrong, there are things I love and will miss about my BB, but I have been pushed over the edge. The last straw was the issues I have had with App World...for over 3 months now many apps are missing for me in app world, random categories, examples are Pandora, Slacker, Where, Evernote....all of which according to the webstore version of app world are compatible with my device and carrier but on app world on my device they can't be found. If I send a link from the webstore app world to my BB for those apps, it finds and opens them in app world but says my device/carrier is not supported. I have posted about this on the official BB support forums, got a support ticket, uploaded event log files and still nothing has been fixed. Now they don't even answer my communications with them anymore.....

I know Android won't be perfect, but they are new and I will be more willing to accept problems and shortcomings from them. RIM has been around too long and the competition is too fierce right now. Their numbers are still climbing because smartphone use in general is climbing....I fully expect them to be overtaken unless they make drastic changes real soon....there is no excuse for these issues to go unresolved for so long, they got too comfortable and complacent at the top.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Happy iPhone user here

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I plan on keeping my iPhone 3Gs, and buying a Droid to venture into the Android experience. I miss not having a keyboard and the one on the Droid while not perfect (what is) is suitable for my use. Moreover the compelling draw of Google and the ease of setup is the way all smart phones should be. As we move forward towards cloud computing, I believe mobile communications ie: smartphones will follow this path as well.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Good feedback from everyone. My biggest thing is the droid is NOT a world phone so its strictly CDMA 1X EVDO RevA. if it had a world phone SIM capabilities, id be more inclined to get it in 2 days and put the iphone on standby while i play with the droid. Still the G1 and MY Touch are GSM/EDGE and I believe 3G, and they are on Android 1.5. The G1 looks pretty cool, was never really interested in it cause of the "Roller ball BB like cursor" on the bottom.

I do agree the Android will really separate the iPhone/BB users from each side. The unhappy or frustrated users will try a different device (that isnt slow windows based...my opinion) and goto the Droid.
    i3-2100, 8GB, 90GB Vertex3, 1.5TB HDD, HD6850OC, 23"ACER LED Monitor (Gaming Rig)
    1.83ghz Macbook 1,1 (School work, Websurfer)
    4GB Mini, 2GB Nano, 30GB Video, 8GB iPhone 3GS, iPad1
    BB Bold 9900

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701

Oh No! Another BB? 9700? Droid? IRan, YouRan,TheyRan?

Wow,

Everyone is talking about the Droid, My I-Phone-3G/32S is "Just Okay", Runs circles around the olld AT&T Bold, of which now they say the new one fixed all the problems the old one "Was Plauged with", isnt it funny, but then, when you called in Fruit played stupid and said, I wasnt aware of any problems with the Bold"-

If you dont want to be strapped to a charger all day, you have to turn off Bluetooth, WiFi on the 3G/S IPhone, this last upgrade screwed notes it got changed, I liked the old way not the new way, 3.1.2-

I miss the BB Instant Messenger, Pin Messaging and the way the Bold Handled itself with email. You didnt have to touch your phone to see you have new email. You could change your tones for almost everything on the BB, on the I-Phone you can change 2-3 items the rest is fixed by apple.

I had no issues send Photos with the Bold, with the I-Phone, it will not send if you are in Rich Text or HTML Format-

I dont know, Im going to try uusing Mobile Me this week, and if that doesnt cure up things, Im going to seriously look at the new 9700 when it comes out-

I also dont like the Cases for the I-Phone, I like clip cases, and their hard to find, at least similar to what the Bold Offered.

Cellular wise the I-Phone runs circles around the Bold (Almost) functionality only, I still like the way everything works on the BB, directories, phone books, email, ect,

Well see what happens....
    I also like the way a BB gets unlocked in comparison to Apple, and the BB Unlock comes from RIM, so it is supported, AT&T will refuse to support you if they find out your on a unlocked I-Phone, Apple wont give you the right time of day in China if you say Unlocked or Jailbroken. Apple has a rotten core, they only care about themselves, not their customers. In my opinion, there should be no reason whatsoever that a customer should not be able to have a Unlocked I-Phone, and support of Apple at the same time.

If Apple cant control it, you wont get it, unless you obtain what you want under the table ( Apple defines any customer who adds something to his or her I-Phone that is not approved by Apple, does so "Under the Table" and therefore violates the terms of the warranty on that phone) I got a lecture from an Apple Representative the other day when I call for Technical Help-

I am very interested in the new 9700 Bold, I have family in Toronto that has one, and their saying its squeaky clean in ops and software.... remains to be seen.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I left BB for the iPhone because of the UI. Plain and simple. Was tired of updating buggy OS's that never changed the real problems. Just took up more space and packed in a prettier package. The iPhone is def the right phone for me for now. It meets all my needs. I would love to check out the Droid.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Droid has a ways to go before I could think about switching. The iPhone UI and polished design is nice. Simple and easy w/apps galore. If it were on Verizon is would own the World.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I just saw the droid in person, that phone is butt ugly

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I left BB for the iPhone because of the UI. Plain and simple. Was tired of updating buggy OS's that never changed the real problems. Just took up more space and packed in a prettier package. The iPhone is def the right phone for me for now. It meets all my needs. I would love to check out the Droid.
    +1

Agreed.

I could not be happier with my iPhone3Gs. I bought it when they were first released and found that adapting to the touch screen keys was far easier than I expected. While I kept my 8900 as a backup, more and more I find I'm not using it, even though I have two lines.

As an early adopter I was going to buy a Droid, but now I'm waiting till January for the official Google announcement to materialize. If they are indeed releasing a G-Phone running a tightly controlled Android OS, then much like the seamless and fun operation of the iPhone, we may find the G-Phone is a true competitor. Even if it's not, at least the first generation will be very fun to follow. One thing is for certain, if Google releases a phone it's going to shake up all the competitors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast