Hi guys. Just got my new phone yesterday and I'd like for my texts to ... Apple iPhone forum

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2

iPhone text notification sound question

Advertisement

Hi guys. Just got my new phone yesterday and I'd like for my texts to not make any noise when I send them but vibrate when I receive them. Is that possible? Right now my phone is doing the opposite where it is making noise when I send texts but not doing anything when I receive them. Hopefully there's a simple fix but I can't seem to figure it out! A little background info I have an iPhone 4, my sound settings for when the ringer is on are: vibrate on, new text message sound = none. Thanks in advance!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hello ayissa,
    Go to Settings, Sounds, scroll down and activate New Mail, Sent Mail etc Now after the last upgrade you can also choose more Text Tones for sms.
    New Mail - the sound it makes is the only one available.
    You´ll get used to it.

Hi delfim, I've done that in the settings already, I was just wondering if there was a way to set it to vibrate only. I'm also trying to get rid of the alert that happens everyone I send a text you know? Thanks for your help!

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried moving the little switch that is on the upper left hand side? If you move that to the down position, were you can see the orange mark" that sets the entire phone to vibrate. You will not hear anything as a text goes out and it will only vibrate when a text comes in. The same with email. No sound out, vibrate in.

Hi teri--ive tried that, but then it also silences the phone ringer right?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I don't what you want to achieve is possible with the iOS. I also looked for solutions that would be similar to the BB profile settings. In the case of the iPhone it's not possible. Maybe iOS 5 in 2011 will address this shortfall.

delfim i think you're right. i've googled it and it seems as though people are having the same problems as me but there's no fix for now. thanks for your help anyways!

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    If your device is JB you could remove the.caf tones you dont want? Just a thought.

iLord is DEAD!