Anyone else notice the issue with setting an alarm (any time from 2AM - 2:59AM) ... Apple iPhone forum

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down iPhone - setting alarm after DST

Advertisement

Anyone else notice the issue with setting an alarm (any time from 2AM - 2:59AM) on the iPhone after the recent DST change?

If you set it for 2:15 AM for example, once you hit "save" it will show as 1:15 AM. (Not sure if it actually alarms at the time you wanted or not yet as I just found out about it from my Brother-in-Law.)

I tried everything from changing to military time, to changing the setting for "Set Automatically" all to no avail.
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Alarm Settings

I just tried what you said about the alarm, setting it to 230am. But it didn't change the time on that alarm item.

How come it does it on yours and not mine?
    Define irony: A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song that was sung by a band that got killed on a plane. - By a man who is in a movie about those very idiots dancing on the plane he was on.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Based on what Reggie said I believe the differience is that he set his alarm on Saturday prior to DST, this probably caused problems with the internal clock functions. From Sunday morning onwards any settings should work fine. Its when things are set across the DST change. (Faulty internal programming of the IPhone )

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    After the clock rolled past midnite the issue corrected itself, even for the alarm that was already set. Since I didn't set the alarm for a specific day, it assumed the current day and since it was the day of DST, the entire hour from 2AM - 2:59AM didn't exist so the clock wouldn't allow me to set it. I guess that is how they program the clock to skip the 2 o'clock hour on DST.
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    It had you wondering for a moment what what's going on with the time on the iphone alol.
    Shalom to you (peace)