Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by cherrichiodo i have also noticed some VERY slow speeds on my blackberries ... Apple iPhone forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i have also noticed some VERY slow speeds on my blackberries since the iphone released. do you all think its because of all the new iphones on the network? does att need to do some upgrading? and i'm not even talking 3g ... i don't even get that in my area yet.
    Yes beyond a shadow of a doubt. As I just mentioned in another post, I happen to have a close friend who is one of the top executives of a company that builds and maintains all of AT&T's towers. He says that if AT&T would have known what a bandwidth hog the iPhone is, they would have passed. In addition, there has been a massive number of new subscribers on the AT&T network due to iPhone sales and that has taxed their capacity, which has nothing to do with 2G or 3G, but rather the overall capacity of the towers, switches, routers etc.

He said that AT&T is spending more money than ever with them, and they are partially responsible for the problems as they cannot keep up either. So it's a situation of network overload, which they will gradually get resolved. Just not fast enough for us...

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4
    I agree. I was told that the reason that the data plan is required is that the device is constantly talking to the towers using data (more so than any other device) and without the plan this would add up to huge bills at PPU rates (and the transmission rates were increased with the 3G version over the original). If nothing else, the reasoning sounded plausible to the layman. I know that other than airplane mode, there is no way to turn off or disable the wireless connections easily as can be done with other devices (there is no way that I found to just disable data, at least on other devices one could change the connection number it dials out on and stop the connection or on BBs turn off the data, as of yet have yet to find that magic button on the IPhone, not that I want to turn it off just curiosity).

alaimar no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What people need to realize regarding the job cuts at AT&T it is in no way related to the iphone. Most job cuts are on their landline side and not wireless I work for at&t wireless and I have no fear of loosing my job

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by alaimar View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What people need to realize regarding the job cuts at AT&T it is in no way related to the iphone. Most job cuts are on their landline side and not wireless I work for at&t wireless and I have no fear of loosing my job
    Precisely, the wireless side is doing fantastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12