This may be old news but I did not see it posted anywhere. If you ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

iPhone Ringtones site

Advertisement

This may be old news but I did not see it posted anywhere.

If you would like new Ringtones for your device mp3, m4r. Give this site a try.
    I've always found what I was looking for.

Audiko

We can never have enough Ringtones
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-29-2009 at 08:44 PM.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well, I don't remember it being mentioned before and I just registered on the website. This is a very nice find!!!!!!!!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Keep in mind that the iphone has problems with ringtones over a certain length. In my experience anything over 40 seconds won't work properly. So if something isn't working on your iphone then that's probably the reason.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    So far all the m4r tones I have downloaded were only 30 seconds. I registered also but you don't need to in order to get ringtones. FYI.

The site seems to work pretty good. The search works best if you turn on the Native Audiko Search and don't use google. It keeps you on the Audiko site with direct download links and the play link to listen first.

Cool. Maybe they knew about the 40 second thing so all the m4r files will be proper length. Solid site

Been searching around for a little bit. They have a pretty awesome variety of music. Most of the metal bands I like have ringtones for almost every one of their songs. Thanks for the heads up on this one

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Making ringtones

Just a side note, you can make your own ringtones using GarageBand and after you are done you just output it for the iPhone. This is an easily searchable process, and I've made about 20 of my own ringtones from various songs, etc.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    GarageBand does work great. I just don't have the Library or collection the web site has. It's very convenient to simply download it already done.

I have spent way to much time on that site downloading ringtones.

For those interested in using GarageBand here is a helpful Tudor

Link

PC Solution:

First of all in iTunes, set the import settings to 'AAC Encoder' (Edit -> Preferences -> Import Settings)

Now, right click the song you want as a ringtone in iTunes, Get info.

In the Options tab, click the Start Time and the Stop Time checkboxes and set the times upto 30s apart (ringtones can be upto 30s long). Click OK

Right click the song and do 'Create AAC Version'

When the converting has finished, right click the new (<30s) song and 'Show in Windows Explorer'

Rename the file's extension from .m4a to '.m4r'

Drag the .m4r file into iTunes and the song should appear in the ringtones section and can be sync'd to the iPhone!
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-30-2009 at 08:01 PM.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I stll do my ringtones the way I always have except now I use xilisoft (m4r convertor) and audacity.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe View Post
    Just a side note, you can make your own ringtones using GarageBand and after you are done you just output it for the iPhone. This is an easily searchable process, and I've made about 20 of my own ringtones from various songs, etc.
    Isn't GarageBand Mac only? That ruins it for a large chunk of the iphone userbase.

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Too bad there's no way of getting decent LOUD/LONGER Tones for Emails that come in and different tones to seperate SMS and Emails. I had to switch back from the 3GS to my Bold because I was missing too many work emails because I couldn't hear them.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Has anyone see ESPN segment called "Come On Man". where they feature mishaps or mistakes from the games played.

I would love to have that as a ring tone. Has anyone seen that tone anywhere?

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    hey how can i change m4a to m4r?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    hey how can i change m4a to m4r?
    Link

YouTube has some good vid tudors also if you are wanting that. Otherwise that link should steer you right

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted
    I use an app called "iRinger.exe". You dont have to worry about converting file types (it converts them all to .m4r for you), dragging files to your desktop, deleting the file from iTunes, adding back files, etc. With iRinger, you can edit the song to the length you want (iPhone limit is 0:30). If you pay for the full version, you will get extra editing tools such as reverb, delay, volume boost, etc. Upload the song to iTunes and sync your ringtone to your iPhone (I suggest manually syncing). It's as simple as that. The free version has an ad window attached. Best ringtone uploading tool. Enjoy.

Go here: www.iringer.net