I know this has been answered over and over, so i apologize, but i appreciate ... Apple iPhone forum

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3

iPhone questions and opinions needed.....

Advertisement

I know this has been answered over and over, so i apologize, but i appreciate the help!!

I have tmobile now, and thier unlimited plan for everything is $125, for att with the iphone it's $150. Brutal. That's an additional $600 over the course fo the contract. Ugh.

So $$ alone is reason not to make the switch, but i do like me that iPhone!! So my questions....

1) How is outlook?? Easy to use, no problems??

2) Is Google Sync for contacts and calendar work well??

appointments in the calendar are very very important to me, and google calendar would probably be the best option.

Thanks for the feedback!!!!!

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm not sure about Google Sync for contacts but if you already have calender and contact information in outlook then Itunes will take care of syncing your information to your Iphone.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Both outlook and google sync work well w/ the iphone, but itunes is still needed to sync regardless of what you use. I've never had a problem with outlook, but I don't use it too often. It's only there to keep my contacts and calendar backed up.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    iTunes manages things very well and gives you some options. After you plug in the iPhone to iTunes the menus will appear.

While I'm hear look over what MobileMe can also do for you. It's a great service and when it comes to keeping your information safe regardless of what happens to the iPhone it's great.

It's not for everyone but it does do a great job and is worth looking at. It's saved me a few times and having all the information at home at work and on the phone all the same at all times is very nice.

Edit* I should also add that iDisk option and the iDisk App will prove to be a very good deal for iPhones users when it's released. Having all those files available on the phone will be nice too.
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-17-2009 at 06:58 PM.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Thats the only drawback...everything you do on the iPhone MUST go through iTunes

rhs1979 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3068886F
    http://www.google.com/support/mobile...40&ctx=sibling

^Instructions for setting up gmail calendar and contact syncs for iphone via microsoft activesync. After the first sync, everything you add works INSTANTLY (scarily so) over the air, in both directions. I never had to use iTunes because I moved to the iphone from a blackberry storm and I had been syncing all my contacts via google sync.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    Thats the only drawback...everything you do on the iPhone MUST go through iTunes
    nope, there are multiple ways off getting stuff on your phone but iTunes is just the most versatile and officially supported.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.