I made the switch from my Curve last week and am happy.....I did want to ... Apple iPhone forum

salscott no está en línea Stack level 2

IPhone Owners question

Advertisement

I made the switch from my Curve last week and am happy.....I did want to get some first hand feedback on the power slider (cover and battery expander in one). Does anyone have history with this item? Should I just wait for the Air Juice pack which seems to be smaller in size and coming out soon?
    I don't suppose there is any way for me to use my ringtones for my email and text alerts is there?
    Last question...I swear. Why is there not much in the way of dialogue from Iphone owners on Pinstack?
    Thanks

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    As far as the aditonal hardware...I have no idea. The email and text notifiers are set and you can only use those. My wife has an iphone and I just checked to make sure. Pinstack is a community that is rich in Blackberry users and only recently added forums for other smartphones...it's a matter of heritage I guess

Ok.....

I believe its a combination of the heritage and that there really isn't that much to brush up on w/ the Iphone vs. BB.
    I had a Pearl and then a Curve and had to study up on all sorts of things, I believe the BB user might be a bit more into sharing knowledge and there might be more of a need to.
    FYI, my work email that is set up via Microsoft exchange works much faster than it did on my BB. I really do miss my LED indicator light and my text and email customization....nothing else.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    heres a good comparison for some battery backups.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9dseUzbkDY

in regards to the custom alerts, you have to jailbreak your iphone in order to have them since you have to hack the files that are in the phone.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    get out while you still can!!! Im going back to a BB asap, the iphone is a great novelty phone but it lacks so many basic features and the battery life is horrible. oh yeah one of my biggest pet peaves is the txt notifications, even after paying money for apps to solve this you still lose function because of the apps flaws.

I just ordered a power slider and it should be here in a day or two ill get back with you on its funtionality and size addition.

BB FTW! lol, this coming from a guy who two years ago would have said "BB's are for losers WM FTW!!!!". Pretty soon if I do keep my iphone ill try running a web server on it and hosting my site, just for fun.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The Power Slider by Incase adds a full 8 hours of continuous use to the default battery. It's a little pricey but a must have if you use the GPS constantly.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I just ordered a power slider and it should be here in a day or two ill get back with you on its funtionality and size addition.

Please do let me know your thoughts on it....as I am bound to pick this (or the juice pack) up in the next few weeks.
    I see the flaws you reference, but wow.....the attachments that I open up for work on my email are now actually legible. I am sure the bold and storm are better than my curve about that....but it is night and day.
    Thanks

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    just got in the case yesterday:

The case itself makes your phone feel like a brick, but not in a bad way. I feel like I can drop this phone *knocks on wood* and it wont incur any damage. The battery adds on 2.5 oz, makes the depth about .75", and 5" long. It does have a nice snug fit and nice look and the switch from the ipod connector to a mini usb is effing sweet, I have 2 iphone chargers, one car and one home. I have about 20 different options for charging with the mini usb coming from my blackberry and razr.

syncing is about the one flaw with the case, it works fine but if your not constantly uploading you will have to keep pushing and holding the button on the back after 30 seconds which isnt all that bad, this only applies if your just sycing a song or two rather than a whole playlist.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Power Slider

Still happy with the power slider? Did you buy at Best Buy or online?

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822
    Hi
    Ive got a UK based site that is mainly Blackberry, however iphone is massive their so am looking for someone to be a Mod and help with any questions ? The their anyone here that could help us?
    If interested please visit us at www.berrylife.co.uk
    Thanks