Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think they are finding out how much money they are losing or could be ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

I think they are finding out how much money they are losing or could be making by associating the correct plan with the correct phone. It was gonna happen eventually i guess but it's a bummer too.

Wonder how long it will be before you can't even get just a simple phone line to make calls only? 2 years? Maybe? 3-5 years?

mcg2u2 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ?????
    Do you get all apps from the app store?
    I guess my ? Is does it work the same as it does on at&t?
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    T-mobile use to be one of the cheapest ones now is not so far behind AT&T. So is gonna be a day that it wouldn't even gonna matter anymore who you're with. At least money wise.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep it works just fine I can still get everything that I want from the app store use the browser and everything else

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Under what setting? Cuz I use wap and it redirects me to tha page were I need to get the sm plan and in internet2 says that I'm not subscribe to a data plan
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

Thats what I was saying evo TMO forced me to up my data plan after 2 months of using the web2go. Now I have the Smartphone data package for 34.99 and I am using the apn: wap.voicestream.com the only good thing about the switch is getting the mms option

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted
    Visionthing-

Im purchasing a 32gb iPhone on Friday. I called T-Mobile and spoke to 3rd tier support, and they told me that I have to purchase the "SMARTPHONE DATA PLAN" (an additional $5.00 a month) as opposed to the data plan I have for my current Blackberry. Sounds like bull to me but I dont know. I told the tech that I thought my BB was a "smartphone" he said, "Yeah but the data plan for the iPhone will be different than for my Blackberry. Can you shed some light on this for me? Is there a workaround to this extra Smartphone Data Plan that I'd have to pay extra for????
    Last edited by grapemist; 09-10-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grapemist View Post
    Visionthing-

Im purchasing a 32gb iPhone on Friday. I called T-Mobile and spoke to 3rd tier support, and they told me that I have to purchase the "SMARTPHONE DATA PLAN" (an additional $5.00 a month) as opposed to the data plan I have for my current Blackberry. Sounds like bull to me but I dont know. I told the tech that I thought my BB was a "smartphone" he said, "Yeah but the data plan for the iPhone will be different than for my Blackberry. Can you shed some light on this for me? Is there a workaround to this extra Smartphone Data Plan that I'd have to pay extra for????

The smartphone web as they call it is the same price as the Blackberry web plan unless you have the older BB web for 19.99 if so you are looking at 24.99 for unlim web or 34.99 for unlim web and unlim msg

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    i was going to ask if you can use an iphone for t-mobile and by the looks of it, i guess you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    i was going to ask if you can use an iphone for t-mobile and by the looks of it, i guess you can.
    Yes Optimus you can it does have to be jailbroke and unlocked

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm probably gonna be out of luck right now because I want to get the 3GS and will have to wait for it to be able to be jailbroken.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    you can unlock a 3GS you just need a mac to do the latest firmware if you have a pre 3.1 iphone.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't have a Mac, and don't all 3GS's come with 3.1?

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Yea, Your best bet would be either ebay or craigslist. There is not a definite j/b and unlock gonna come out for the 3.1 software it depends if apple left a opening and if so it has to be found but we can always keep our hopes up

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Not necessarily, if you can find one that has been sitting around on the shelves at AT&T [which is doubtful but possible] then you should be good to go.

+1 to getting one off craigslist and starting from there unless you want to wait for a while either for dev team to crack the baseband or rebel sim to update their software to work with 3.1.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast