My company is looking to deploy iPhones to some of the users here. We are ... Apple iPhone forum

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

iPhone on Exchange 2007 question

Advertisement

My company is looking to deploy iPhones to some of the users here. We are currently only supporting BB's on a BES and like the fact that we can wipe and force password policy's on the BB's.

Exchange 2007 has ActiveSync built in and I can create a policy to force passwords to Windows Mobile devices.......but my question is this...

Can I enforce the same password policy on a iPhone. Does the iPhone have a password feature or is it just the SLIDER to unlock the phone ?

Anyone have iPhones setup on their Exchange 2003/2007 server with a Policy to enforce passwords ?
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The passcode that you'd enter every time your iPhone wakes from sleep or gets turned on is simply set by the phone is is only 4 digits. The Exchange account (and all mail) are setup and the password is saved in the phone and you never have to change it again. I believe you can enforce the policy

just tested....iPhone will not accept the Exchange Active Sync password policy

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Is your Domain account listed in the exceptions? Listing it will eliminate the passcode.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Is your Domain account listed in the exceptions? Listing it will eliminate the passcode.
    nope...haven't put any exceptions on devices/policy...all we wanted to do is enforce password on the device and lock after 15mins

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The passcode policy is ON by default so I guess I'm not sure where to direct your to look now?

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had some brief experience with Exchange on my iPhone, don't know if it will offer any insight. I used a hosted Exchange account which required me to set a password for my iPhone. Not too long after that, I switched hosts, and after setting up my iPhone with the new Exchange account I was not required to setup a password for the phone. Must have been something enabled/disabled with the host? Both offered me the ability to remote wipe my device from within the OWA control panel. I wish I could remember who I used that required a password on setup (not that it would make a difference), I used themessagecenter most recently (which didn't require a password).