So I just got AT&T to take back my Bold for an iPhone 3Gs 32. ... Apple iPhone forum

Jelly no está en línea Stack level 2

iPhone - Lotus Notes Support

Advertisement

So I just got AT&T to take back my Bold for an iPhone 3Gs 32. As I am waiting for it to come in I am finishing my research on how to use the new hardware with Lotus Notes. Any pain to make this happen is better then the pain of the Bold! If anyone has suggestions I am all ears. I am currently on LN v 7.0.3. I can possibly upgrade to V 8 and use the iNotes app but I would rather find another way in an attept to use the wireless sync of the iphone itself.. Has anyone had success? I do have the ability for e-mail via a Pop3 setup although with my iTouch I have not been able to send as of yet. Once that is cleared up I will only need Contacts and Calendar. Thank you for any ideas.

Don't know if no once has any info or if no one cares about Lotus Notes. A couple of things that may help if you are in need of help as I am. 1) NotesPro is an app for sale in iTunes for 14.95. It is 100% a waste of money iof you ask me. I went though the needed steps before buying and received a positive result to move to installation. Once installed the app simply will not work. I have sent a couple of e-mails to the developer with no response. 2) I have been able to successfully send e-mail and receive e-mail from my Notes account, using he iPhone native e-mail app. I did this by installing a second e-mail address from Comcast on the iPhone and turned on their SMTP servers. (I would think that any ISP would do the same) It all seems to work. I still do not have contact or calendar sync which I really want, but I can use it for e-mail now at least.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think the reason no one has posted any helpful hint or tips is b/c no one uses LN's. Honesty I don't know anyone myself who does. I will try to find out what I can but while your reading my post may I ask why LN's and is it a possibility that you can migrate to something else?

I'm curious too why after 3 weeks no one had any ideas?

Links to help:

Lotus Notes to iPhone

Another option

MnCal Link Lotus Notes Calendar on demand

Another thought?
    If your using LN's b/c of work that is one thing but if your using it for personal use I would recommend you take a few minutes and look at MobileMe.
    It's a very good solution for personal use and does a very good job keeping everything and is seamless between home, work and iPhone.

I say that not knowing if you have any choice in what you use.
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-16-2009 at 08:21 PM.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Actually Here just may be your solution.

Bring IBM Lotus Domino email, calendar, and contacts to your Apple iPhone today! Now available as IBM Lotus iNotes software

srl7741,

Thanks for some information. Yes I use Notes for work and we have no current plans to migrate off of the platform. I am on Notes 7x. To use the iNotes option I will need to upgrade to 8.5.1. If this can be done it will not happen until the fall. The other issue with the iNotes feature is that it is an online app. that will require to go into a seperate app to get your Notes info. If this is what I need to do in the end than so be it. but I would love to use the iPhone native apps.

I will look into the syncing to a Google Calendar. That actually may help for appointments. I will report back how easy it was and if it works.

UPDATE

I now have the iPhone using over the air Sync to Google Calendar. It was very easy. Visit the Sync section of Google Calendar they walk you right through it. there is no need to install any software. It works very quickly and so far is highly accurate. In regards to syncing Notes to Google Calendar. That is not working yet. I have sent an e-mail to my IT Director verifying I have the correct Lotus Notes information. Since I do have my e-mail working I know I do but who knows. If this does work I will consider the entire process a huge win! The Outlook 2007 interface options are not available unless I upgrade which i why I am going the Google route first.

Stay Tuned...

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelly View Post
    UPDATE

I now have the iPhone using over the air Sync to Google Calendar. It was very easy. Visit the Sync section of Google Calendar they walk you right through it. there is no need to install any software. It works very quickly and so far is highly accurate. In regards to syncing Notes to Google Calendar. That is not working yet. I have sent an e-mail to my IT Director verifying I have the correct Lotus Notes information. Since I do have my e-mail working I know I do but who knows. If this does work I will consider the entire process a huge win! The Outlook 2007 interface options are not available unless I upgrade which i why I am going the Google route first.

Stay Tuned...
    Good News

unable to make Notes goto Google. Will keep trying. If anyone has any further ideas, I am all ears. The Google iPhone syn works great though!

OK latest update for anyone following along. Google Syncc pretty much works as long as I am not trying to get anything to or from Notes. NotesPro I did finally get to work. It is a very poor application though allows you to e-mail but a viewr only for everything else. What good is having a calendar if you can not augment it??? My next step will be to look at the IBM application that works with Notes version 8.1 and above. I do love the phone but honestly this Notes hole is really troublesome.

So finally there is a work around! Here is what you will need. First make sure you have a Google Calendar set up. The sync the Google Calender witht he iPhone there is a native app int he iPhone that will allow for this. Next download and begin using an app from Awesync.com. The App is currently in Beta and I do find it a little slow. However IT WORKS! I made the mistake of getting a little over zealous and allowing it to Sync all my Lotus Notes appointments. All 3100 of them. I think that is why it is slow. Even though I have set the software to know not look backwards, I think it still does for anything it previously has done so be careful of my mistake. Lotus Notes users you know have a reliable alternative. I have b een using ti know for over a week without a failure yet.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Thanks for the update. This is great news.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16