So I was reading the paper this morning and to my shock there was an ... Apple iPhone forum

earthsfc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2060125F

Iphone in Canada

Advertisement

So I was reading the paper this morning and to my shock there was an article on unlocked Iphones making there way up here. This is good news and bad. Some moron traded a z350 for one stupid in my mind. Anyone else here about this??

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Iphone in Canada

I haven't heard about Canada, but I did read an article about the kid who cracked it and his helpers. It seems a local businessman gave him a car and three more iphones, and is hiring him as a consultant.

How cheesed off do you think the Apple/AT&T folks are right about now? They could have sold an unlocked version themselves and likely sold a lot of them.

earthsfc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2060125F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No kidding apple/at&t is going to be losing a ton of money but on the other side congrats to the kid for cracking it that must have been a tough job and he has a very bright future ahead of him

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

that guy that traded a 350z for then iPhone is not a moron. he is the CEO of a cellular company for 3rd party mobile services, and it is very clear it was a publicity stunt to draw attention towards his company. and it worked.

he also offered this kid a job, also a smart move.

ifillchris no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

oh wow, that's nuts. Can someone post a link to that article. I would have done the same thing to the person who unlocked the iphone. Even thought they wont be any good here because rogers wont offer ANY sort of plan that could accomindate those rather large brick phones.

Can someone post a link as to where i can read this article?

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

JoshKingston no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

And because the data plans here can't accomidate it, should be prepared for 300 to 500 for data charges is what I have read so far. But the again, you could always have data blocked and just use wifi, but who would really want one of those, it can do everything only so so but nothing very good.