While BlackBerry users are busting out emails in real-time with the BlackBerry push email service, ... Apple iPhone forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

iPhone Firmware 2.0 to have Push Email

Advertisement

While BlackBerry users are busting out emails in real-time with the BlackBerry push email service, iPhone users are left to deal with a few third-party applications to enable push-email over their Outlook Exchange servers. Oh, and there's also Yahoo's iPhone push email support, but that service has been notoriously unreliable in dealing with real-time email delivery.
    http://www.intomobile.com/2008/05/08...l-support.html

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    That's why the iphone has nothing on the bb. T-mobile usa was the first carrier that the iphone was offered to but was turned down because it didn't meet the company's standards~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    ^^ LOL, and they didnt like the revenue sharing portion...or the fact that Apple wanted to wear the pants in the relationship. I don't blame them...but I bet they are kicking themselves for not doing it. Heck they could launch their 3G network along with the 3G iPhone!! lol
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

But.. now that the iPhone WILL have push email, the Blackberries have some real competition..

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    ^--- Gotta point...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    That's why the iphone has nothing on the bb. T-mobile usa was the first carrier that the iphone was offered to but was turned down because it didn't meet the company's standards~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I heard it was also offered to Verizon before hitting AT&T. I can already attest that its the worst thing that's ever happened to AT&T. So many iPhones have been sold to consumers that haven't been activated under AT&T service! Its costed the company a lot of money.

^ Well it's not like they're losing money, they're just not getting the "extra" anticipated revenue from the iTunes activate iPhones.

Personally I've unlocked countless iPhones for friends and customers, I actually just did one (mine) an hour ago. I'm giving up my iPhone.. again. I might regret this though, like I did last time. The iPhone seems like it's going places, but I can only afford to keep ONE smart phone right now.. and I choose my 8310. At least for now.

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    That's funny, I thought Verizon was approached first.