I recently did a reset on my springboard, then the usual "edit homescreen" popped up, ... Apple iPhone forum

iphonenewbie no está en línea Stack level 1

Question iPhone "edit homescreen" pop up won't dismiss?

I recently did a reset on my springboard, then the usual "edit homescreen" popped up, and I couldn't press the dismiss button, the screen seems to be unresponsive when I press the spot where the said button is located(I've tried restoring, and nothing works, even the slide over thing). All the other portions of the screen work, such as the slide to unlock, the lockscreen music player, and slide to turn off.

I couldn't get through this pop up. The phone is in default restore and all. It can receive calls because I have tried. Its an iPhone 2g, one of the first ones ever sold, I think.

I saw a similar board and it says something about a digitizer, can someone explain? Thanks.

Any solutions? Thanks again!

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    the digitizer is the the touch input part of the phone and it is not uncommon for them to fail in random spots and not necessarily the whole thing going bad.

If yours is bad then its a 100 dollar fix if you do the work yourself.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.