Is it possible to downgrade from 3.1.3 version with bootrom 05.12.01 ? Simple question I ... Apple iPhone forum

markcheatle no está en línea Stack level 2

iPhone Downgrade ?

Advertisement

Is it possible to downgrade from 3.1.3 version with bootrom 05.12.01 ?

Simple question I think

Appreciate help from the other guys on here and Sooner suggested running Blackr1an etc over this and it didn't work

Basically all I need to know is can I downgrade to enable me to re Jailbreak . Yes or No ? (Hopefully yes)

Anyway...if yes please could you explain to a thicko like myself how to do it

Many thanks in advance guys and gals

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Its a long shot, but you should be able to find your answers HERE.

Good luck!!!

iLord is DEAD!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    You may also be able to find some good info on iClarified . I have not looked lately but they do have some good tudors.

markcheatle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Tried it Sooner

No joy Grrrrrrr

Might just wait for proper deal ..... Gonna be waiting a while

Gutted
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Check out Dev-Team

There is some good useful information about unlocking and jailbreaking...

three3peat no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was able to downgrade from 3.1.3 back 3.1.2 but now the phone has no carrier/network . No at&t , nothing .

I downgraded back to 3.1.2 firmware , then jailbroke with Redsnow and it worked I got cydia back but no Network

Can anybody help on this

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Why are you trying to downgrade to a previous OS? Jailbreaking just bogged down my iPhone 3G, OE firmware works the best. But the only way I know to back down a few versions is via a firmware re-flash, and placing like 2.0 on there then finding what jailbroken software you want to then put on the device.

I heard the latest os apple released specifically blocked the phone from retroing it back, can't confirm it though.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    You can downgrade the OS on a 2G or 3G but not a 3Gs unless you have the signature file stored on an external server (Cydia was doing that for jailbroken phones). You can't downgrade the radio which is where the unlock problem comes in. A 2G can be downgraded and unlocked only because it doesn't upgrade to the new line of radios that the 3G and 3Gs use. The 3G on the other hand is not currently unlockable if you upgrade to the new radio included with OEM 3.1.3 software. To downgrade either the 2G or 3G you need the OS saved someplace on your hard drive and then follow some simple and commonly found instructions (most of the instructions I have found have links to the OS's as well).

Zo

yeah his phone (3GS) has sig stored but after dwgrade he had no network .

Ok just restored phone to 3.1.3 , nothing could be done. My son is gonna have to wait for a new JB .

If it could even be done at this point.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16