Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by hls811 I was on w/ my AT&T rep today and I mentioned ... Apple iPhone forum

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: iPhone Details from AT&T's Sales Training Workbook

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    I was on w/ my AT&T rep today and I mentioned the iPhone and he informed me that he was recently told that they initially will not be available for corporate customers, only single users. He wasn't sure how long this would be in effect.. His personal rationale for this is that they don't want to be bombarded with companies calling up ordering 100 or 500+ of them at a shot and limiting the number available...

Just thought this was interesting for those of you on a corporate plan hoping to have your company buy it! (Thats how it came up, I have an end user who wants one so I was checking to see if I'd be able to order it for him on the 29th).
    That is interesting! And even beyond the obvious, its interesting that ATT sees a corporate market for the iPhone, but maybe they know something we do not based on requests so far from their corporate clients!

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: iPhone Details from AT&T's Sales Training Workbook

I was sooo on-board to get one of these things being a recent Mac convert... using PC for work - but, I gotta tell ya' - - - iNot!!!

A media phone that won't send media... (as posted above) enuff said!

It's cute, but, it ain't ready for prime time yet... it's an iPod upgrade w/ mobile technology... that's it - If the Curve hadn't come along 2 weeks ago, I'd be whining about this thing at the end of the month like many others I presume will be...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    I was sooo on-board to get one of these things being a recent Mac convert... using PC for work - but, I gotta tell ya' - - - iNot!!!

A media phone that won't send media... (as posted above) enuff said!

It's cute, but, it ain't ready for prime time yet... it's an iPod upgrade w/ mobile technology... that's it - If the Curve hadn't come along 2 weeks ago, I'd be whining about this thing at the end of the month like many others I presume will be...
    My understanding is that it will send media very soon. As well, it is suppose to only work with the iChat client at first, then include others soon after. Give them time to get it right....you can bet they will. That said, I worry more about the non-removable battery than anything else. I suspect it would be better to wait for iPhone2 for all of these improvements to be made, but I'm on board now. Just a reminder, when U.S. Robotics released the Palmpilot, there were many things missing and many improvements along the way.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    My understanding is that it will send media very soon. As well, it is suppose to only work with the iChat client at first, then include others soon after. Give them time to get it right....you can bet they will. That said, I worry more about the non-removable battery than anything else. I suspect it would be better to wait for iPhone2 for all of these improvements to be made, but I'm on board now. Just a reminder, when U.S. Robotics released the Palmpilot, there were many things missing and many improvements along the way.
    I already have mine ordered through my wife's corporate wireless rep. He said that he has received an email from Apple stating that there will be plenty of iPhones on the shelf when they go on sale. He also made some mention of the included accessories but could not tell me what they were. I am hoping for a car adapter since the battery is really the only thing that bothers me. I don't need to or want to send any media so that part doesn't have any effect on me. I realize that the iPhone 2 will be much better but I'm going with it anyway. I'm sure iPhone version 1 will be able to make and receive phone calls and it will sync with my Mac. That's all I want.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by jwlussow
    I already have mine ordered through my wife's corporate wireless rep. He said that he has received an email from Apple stating that there will be plenty of iPhones on the shelf when they go on sale. He also made some mention of the included accessories but could not tell me what they were. I am hoping for a car adapter since the battery is really the only thing that bothers me. I don't need to or want to send any media so that part doesn't have any effect on me. I realize that the iPhone 2 will be much better but I'm going with it anyway. I'm sure iPhone version 1 will be able to make and receive phone calls and it will sync with my Mac. That's all I want.
    I thought you might want to see this pr release today with regard to your battery concerns: "Apple's tooting its own horn today about some new spec upgrades to its imminent iPhone. No, it's not 3G, GPS or anything crazy like that, but we'll settle for a battery life upgrade anytime, and screen durability doesn't hurt neither. Apple claims that its preliminary estimates of 5 hours of talk time, internet use and video playback were a tad conservative, and the iPhone instead will be boasting of 8 hours of chatting, 6 hours of internet, and 7 hours of video. Audio playback has been boosted from 16 to 24 hours, and standby is at a welcome 250 hours."

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    I thought you might want to see this pr release today with regard to your battery concerns: "Apple's tooting its own horn today about some new spec upgrades to its imminent iPhone. No, it's not 3G, GPS or anything crazy like that, but we'll settle for a battery life upgrade anytime, and screen durability doesn't hurt neither. Apple claims that its preliminary estimates of 5 hours of talk time, internet use and video playback were a tad conservative, and the iPhone instead will be boasting of 8 hours of chatting, 6 hours of internet, and 7 hours of video. Audio playback has been boosted from 16 to 24 hours, and standby is at a welcome 250 hours."
    That is great news. I hope their numbers are correct!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12