Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cindy's a friend of mine so I know this is legit.. She got a hold ... Apple iPhone forum

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

iPhone Details from AT&T's Sales Training Workbook

Advertisement

Cindy's a friend of mine so I know this is legit.. She got a hold of an AT&T/iPhone Sales Training manual, nothing new really - but nice to see.. Take a look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Re: iPhone Details from AT&T's Sales Training Workbook

from going though the manual.. I'm seeing a few things which really makes the BB stand apart:

- iPhone users will not be able to conduct IM conversations with instant messaging users
    - Does not support MMS messaging for photos or videos
    - Yahoo is only form of supported PUSH email; POP3/IMAP are supported but you need to 'go out and get them'.

I'm guessing if they do get around to opening it up the 3rd Party apps they may create an IM app, similiar to Adium, but you lose that right out of the gate.
    I don't get at all how it can't support MMS messages - the iPhone is designed and marketed for MultiMedia - how can it not read a picture/video attached to an SMS message? (it does read SMS!)

As for the email, not a huge deal, its not a business device, but still - push email for all accounts is a nice benefit of the Blackberry.

I said it before, I'm not sold on the iPhone and this just strengthens my decision..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

with ya. not gonna ditch the pearl.
    however 8120? now we can talk
    the iphone looks flashy and well but? ....................fragile. it's full touch screen will be covered in scratches, unless they have some plastic that is impervious to scratches?! or glass even worse for a drop.
    just my thoughts!
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Wow. A $500 media phone that won't send media...........

Zo.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

this was cool: - iPhone lets you carry on a phone conversation while you simultaneously browse the Internet or send an email.

is that only on the 3G network? none around here in Central NY.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

iPhone is 2.5g and that is actually a feature of GSM that has been disabled in 95% of the phones sold worldwide. CDMA is unable to do that until they switch over to VOIP.

Zo.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    from going though the manual.. I'm seeing a few things which really makes the BB stand apart:

- iPhone users will not be able to conduct IM conversations with instant messaging users
    How is that possible when the purpose of an IM program is to conduct IM conversations with other users????

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: iPhone Details from AT&T's Sales Training Workbook

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    How is that possible when the purpose of an IM program is to conduct IM conversations with other users????
    My understanding is that it will work with iChat right out of the box, so if you are a Mac user its no issue, but the other IM programs will not initially be usable. I suspect that they will be added in pretty quick.
    Last edited by wclyffe; 06-09-2007 at 01:23 PM.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

On a separate note: Its funny with all the "attacks" you read trying to defend Blackberry, which needs no defense at all as its an amazing tool, but if you remember back to the initial release of most phones (BB's included) there are always issues. The iPhone is new technology in this field so give it a chance to perform.

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    My understanding is that it will work with iChat right out of the box, so if you are a Mac user its no issue, but the other IM programs will not initially be usable. I suspect that they will be added in pretty quick.
    Well iChat support does take care of 50% of the major players (iChat, AIM, Google), leaving out Yahoo, MSN and ICQ.

Until they have 3rd party apps and 3G, I have no reason to give up my TyTN or Pearl.
    -T

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by wclyffe
    On a separate note: Its funny with all the "attacks" you read trying to defend Blackberry, which needs no defense at all as its an amazing tool, but if you remember back to the initial release of most phones (BB's included) there are always issues. The iPhone is new technology in this field so give it a chance to perform.
    I don't think anyone is attacking the iPhone, jsut stating facts (and potential) shortcomings.

the BB and iPhone are seperate devices.. One article I read said something to the effect of it being like comparing a Land Rover to a Lexus GS... both are perfect luxury vehicles, some just prefer an SUV over a sedan...

The one thing I keep thinking back to when I read of any shortcoming with the iPhone (or any Apple product for that matter) is this.. YEARS ao, Apple got ridiculed and laughed at for making an iMac computer withotu a floppy drive. I personally recall seeing one at CompUSA and thinking apple was going to run themselves out of the computer market cause of that... ya know what- good ole Steve was onto something...

For me though.. I'm sticking with the Pearl..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rokinDa8703e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31e84d1b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

500$ ipod with a touch screen that, although its also a icamera and an ipocketcomputer can't send mms and is limited to EDGE, its an apple brand blackberry wanna be and a sorry excuse for one at that, there are plenty of phones out there now that do everything the iphone does except "visual voicemail" and if your time is so precious that you can't listen to your voicemails then you sure don't have time to be screwing around with the internet, a camera and music do you.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by rokinDa8703e
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

500$ ipod with a touch screen that, although its also a icamera and an ipocketcomputer can't send mms and is limited to EDGE, its an apple brand blackberry wanna be and a sorry excuse for one at that, there are plenty of phones out there now that do everything the iphone does except "visual voicemail" and if your time is so precious that you can't listen to your voicemails then you sure don't have time to be screwing around with the internet, a camera and music do you.
    I am getting it because I just want a phone that will sync my contacts, tasks and calendars. I have never sent or received a text message and really don't think that that is a deal breaker (for me). Jeff Han's touchscreen is incredible and many people will be eating there words once the phone is released. I am just tired of not being able to sync. Now Apple/AT&T are releasing a phone that I know will sync out of the box. I don't care about EDGE because we are loaded with WI-FI hotspots around here. I don't spend all day surfing, anyway. The 4 gig iPhone is only $100 more than I paid for my 7100i and it will do everything I use the 7100i for (phone, email) and offer syncing. If text messaging and IM is that important to you than don't get one. It would be stupid to move to the "new" phone if it doesn't do what you want and offers less features. I for one am willing to pay $100 for a phone that will finally be able to sync with my computer without the problems that Pocketmac and Missing Sync cause. I love my 7100i and would not even think about dumping it if I would be able to do what the Windows people have always been able to do. RIM made their marketing decision now I have to make my purchasing decision. That's all. I'll bet I'm not alone but even if I am I'm still moving on. Maybe by the time I need another phone RIM will offer Mac support. Then I might be back. Time will tell.

Believe me, I don't think the iPhone is a BB wanna be. There are not a lot of phones that do what the iPhone does if you are on a Mac. Visual voicemail is not a feature that I am switching for. I could care less (but it seems cool). It's a phone people....
    Last edited by jwlussow; 06-11-2007 at 03:24 PM.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

jwlussow...you said it all, and the best. Thanks! I love Blackberrys, but I hate the lack of Mac support that will never be available from Rim.

PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

I was on w/ my AT&T rep today and I mentioned the iPhone and he informed me that he was recently told that they initially will not be available for corporate customers, only single users. He wasn't sure how long this would be in effect.. His personal rationale for this is that they don't want to be bombarded with companies calling up ordering 100 or 500+ of them at a shot and limiting the number available...

Just thought this was interesting for those of you on a corporate plan hoping to have your company buy it! (Thats how it came up, I have an end user who wants one so I was checking to see if I'd be able to order it for him on the 29th).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast