Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was considering an Android phone but I might just wait it out to see ... Apple iPhone forum

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3

iPhone Coming to T-Mobile USA?

Advertisement

I was considering an Android phone but I might just wait it out to see if this is true.

David

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    That might put a pothole in AT&T's driveway if it's true.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    At this point anything could happen. We are closing in on the 6 month period (speculation) where Apple will announce making the phone available on other networks.
    I would bet tho there is some agreement where the official announcement is not officially made till the very last minute like all things Apple.
    I would also look for a new model iPhone at the same time.

So there could be several things to consider along with the carrier.

The one thing to keep in mind is Apple controls that information and when it's made public and not a carrier. It's a little different that other phones.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

ItsaRaid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217B8701
    Lets Speculate and say hypothetically that it is true- Then what are the chance we can legally use the 3G/S on T-Mobile with a Branded AT&T I-Phone without Jailfree,breaking or whatever

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    You could use the current build of phone on TMo, no problem but it still won't have 3G. It would be Edge and WiFi only.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted
    WiFi works just as well as 3G on iPhone 3GS. Its been superfast in my experience. I had ATT 3g and I honestly cannot tell the difference.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I have run my iPhone on TMO and it is slower on edge than on ATT 3G, but, when you use wifi it is way faster. I can't figure out how to get MMS to work on TMO though

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Add Sinful iPhone repo to your cydia:
    http://sinfuliphonerepo.com

Thanks Neo. I tried that and a few other apps, it would load the camera on messages, but when I send an mms it makes the sound that it went through but it doesn't.Then my iphone locked up on reboot and I had to restore and re-jailbreak it over again.

I got it to work. I decided to try it again. MMS went through. TMO will tell you to use Swirly MMS, but all you need to do is add this source and choose MMS. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    Add Sinful iPhone repo to your cydia:
    http://sinfuliphonerepo.com

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3
    There is a tweak in Cydia that will fix the MMS incoming/outgoing problems. Its a tweak called T-Mobile US Postpaid Flexpaid for Blackberry. I read this fix on the T-Mobile forums. It works perfectly. After downloading the tweak you need to reboot your phone. I'm able to send and receive with no problems.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by devingiles View Post
    There is a tweak in Cydia that will fix the MMS incoming/outgoing problems. Its a tweak called T-Mobile US Postpaid Flexpaid for Blackberry. I read this fix on the T-Mobile forums. It works perfectly. After downloading the tweak you need to reboot your phone. I'm able to send and receive with no problems.
    Any link you could post for the fix?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3
    http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Non-T-...one/m-p/252586 <-- This is the link to the T-Mobile Forums where I found the solution.. And this is the website that the tweak lists for more info --> http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...er-bundle.html

I tried that one too. Not sure which app froze my iPhone though. I believe these apps are just to fill in the TMO network codes in order for MMS to work.

Very helpful. Thanks

http://forums.t-mobile.com/t5/Non-T-...one/m-p/252586 <-- This is the link to the T-Mobile Forums where I found the solution.. And this is the website that the tweak lists for more info --> http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...er-bundle.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast