Hi, what kind of iphone cases do you use? My brother picked up one for ... Apple iPhone forum

ailsa1234 no está en línea Stack level 1

Iphone cases

Advertisement

Hi, what kind of iphone cases do you use? My brother picked up one for me from Uxsight.com. I'm not real fond of phones cases but this one fits very well and I don't think it looks too bad.
    I'm a bit anal with my iPhone cases. I found the harder shell types (depends on product) will damager your iphone instead of protecting it. It will leave marks when removing/installing. Brands like switch easy know this which is why they always have a silicone/soft material before the harder shell get's installed.
    Also, I personally think that a silicone solution is better. I've been more scared of my phone dropping when there is a hard shell on it compared to when it has a thick silicone which I think absorbs the impact a lot more. That's all. What do you say?

Smokem no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am currently using a speck case. I got it at an AT&T store. It has the silicone insert and a black hard shell plastic outer cover. It looks like a regular iphone from far away and has good protection IMO. It has yet to scratch the phone after numerous removals.

The only downside to it is that the plastic shows little scratches very easily. It looks great from 3 feet away but any closer and it looks like spider webs.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I have the Seidio Innocase II and also iSkin Vibe (Hard flexable gel skin). I like both, but prefer the Seidio case. It does not damage your phone and is lined with felt.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I carry my iPhone around naked and don't use a skin, screen protector or any protection. Holsters are my thing. I am currently using this DLO HipCase. Nice quality and form factor, but I am not that crazy about the velcro enclosure. The velcro enclosure works well, but it is kind of cheesy in my opinion.

http://www.dlo.com/products/view/HC_iphone_leather

I have this one on the way. Similar case. but has a magnetic enclosure.

http://blueharboronline.com/dlhlp2.html

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm a big fan or Seidio also. They have great cases and for all phones. I've used them since the BB 7100 was first released years back and have had great luck with their cases.

Seidio Link:

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I use my mophie external battery as a case itself. I love the thicker feel it gives me not to mention the extra juice for my battery. I use invisibleshield as a screen protector.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Where to start :

Otterbox defender
    Incipio Feather
    Incase Powerslider
    Incase Protective Cover
    Griffin Elan Leather
    3 - Griffin Wave Case
    10 - china iPhone protective case
    5 - Generic silicone case
    1 - flea market hard case

My sister says I have a problem with buying cases for my phone but I dont think I do. LOL
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    if you dont like the idea of having a case but want some protection while keeping the stylish looks of the iPhone I would definately recommend the Incipio Feather although be warned that it doesnt protect the bottom or the chrome trim.

I almost started crying the other day when I dropped my iPhone and scratched the bottom, its minute and everyone tells me im overreacting but I went out and bought an otterbox the next day you can never be too careful, now.

Here is a pink one but they offer MANY different colors, I have mine in red.

Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.