A friend of mine just recently got an iphone from Rogers, I know that she ... Apple iPhone forum

ryan6925 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3020C1EA

iphone browser

Advertisement

A friend of mine just recently got an iphone from Rogers, I know that she is not used to it yet but she was told that she could only access the browser if she was in an area that offerea a wifi connection. Is this true? Or a load of crap.

PIN/ID
    3020C1EA
    I meant offered a wifi connection. Lol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It would have to do with it being a VERY strange area, like no carrier service available, or something like that.

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    wouldn't that question apply to an iphone forum?

PIN/ID
    3020C1EA
    The question is posted with all the other "iphone" threads in the apple iphone section on this site. Yes its mainly a bb site but it is posted in the right area on this forum

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    She can only access wifi if she is an an area with wifi. She can access 3G or Edge services if she has service in the particular area where she is. Either of these services will allow her to access the browser, the speeds will just be slower.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well I don't really know much about iphone.. I'm a bb user. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

active_user no está en línea Stack level 2
    im assuming that your friend bought the 2nd Generation of iphone, which is the iphone 3G, if that's correct than he/she can connect to the internet through a wifi connection if there is one, or if not he/she can connect to the internet using the 3G, considering that's the best connection so far...

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan6925 View Post
    The question is posted with all the other "iphone" threads in the apple iphone section on this site. Yes its mainly a bb site but it is posted in the right area on this forum
    ok, i'm confused. i can understand an iphone theme and app section, but why would there be an "apple iphone section" in here that is unrelated to your blackberry? afterall the pinstack slogan does say "boost your blackberry experience!"

i'm not trying to be mean, i'm just curious to know if this site is for blackberrys or smartphones in general.