Does the iphone have an app like the BB messenger that is a Iphone to ... Apple iPhone forum

pauly814 no está en línea Stack level 2

does Iphone have a BBMessenger type app for Iphone to Iphone messages?

Advertisement

Does the iphone have an app like the BB messenger that is a Iphone to Iphone messeging app that does not cost you text messages?

If so, is it third party or is it an Apple product designed for the iPhone?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

blaquegenius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    316dfa3c
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    There is an app on the apple app store called Ping. This is iPhone's version of bb messenger. If you search under social networking it will come up.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Currently there are 2 Apps. Ping as mentioned but also one named "WhatsApp". I'm not sure which is doing better or the most preferred. I posted links and info of both here

http://forums.pinstack.com/f214/what...s_list-107356/

Last few pages of the thread,

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I have them both. Ping has alot of potential but needs alot of
    work. Whatspp works great but you need the persons cell
    number in order to chat. Bbm has both of them beat.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I have both Whatsapp (that's on BB as well guys) and that doesn't actually push the chat to the other person. Ping! Does that but I've only just recently gotten it so will have to play a bit more to see if it beats BBM (and especially BBM 5 that was just awesome on the Bold!)
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Why don't we just use AIM or something like that? Serves the same purpose, and there's already many solid apps for it.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    From the web site:

Why Ping! beats IM:
    No need to log in/out. We know how much people hate getting bumped off when you log onto another device.
    No need to accept friends. All you need is your friend's Ping! ID to start messaging immediately.
    Offline messages guaranteed. Some IM apps do not support offline messages or only support it with specific software (e.g. MSN). All Ping! messages are stored offline until received.

Why Ping! beats SMS:
    No monthly cost. Paying for data AND sms is not exactly good news.
    No roaming charges. With some apps, sms is free but are either exclusive to the US or support few carriers.
    Faster delivery. Messages are not limited by carrier traffic. Notifications are instant.
    Works with iPod Touch. Ping! works with iPhones, iPod Touch and other devices that Apple may offer in the future.

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    Its called ping!

IGNORE THIS MSG.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    Last edited by fondoo; 10-07-2009 at 11:05 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I could never find Whatsapp? Where is it?

ted
    ted no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hey Erica, I don't remember where I found WhatsApp for BB, a quick Google Search I was able to find this link for now. Hope it helps!http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/195656-announcing-whatsapp-bb-limited-beta.html Actually looks like it's still in Beta for BB, forgot all about that actually. But it was working great on my Bold before I made the switch to the 3Gs. If you're looking for WhatsApp for iPhone/Touch then check in the Appstore for WhatsApp Messenger. It's now .99 but it used to be free. Very worth it all the same
    Last edited by ted; 10-13-2009 at 03:25 AM.
    I have two very rare photographs. One is a picture of Houdini locking his keys in his car........

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is What'sApp Messenger for the iPhone.

iTunes Link:

I think the general consensus is that Ping provides a better solution currently for iPhone to iPhone messaging.
    Read over both to get a better idea of how they differ. Both began free but have since went to $.99 in the App Store due to popularity

Ping Link

I was lucky and downloaded both when they were free. I like Ping better but I'm also hoping for improvements on a few minor things. I've been told Ping has it's next version pending in the App Store which is reported as fixing a few bugs and adding new features.

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you see the article about a new app called iMessenger? Looks very promising. The UI looks much better and the ability to send pictures is already built in. Haven't found out all the particulars but you can go to www.iMessenger.com to see some of the screenshots.
    Posted via smartphone