Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

So let me hear from all you guys/gals who upgraded from the 4 to the ... Apple iPhone forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

iPhone 4S.....Should I or Shouldn't I?

Advertisement

So let me hear from all you guys/gals who upgraded from the 4 to the 4S!

Is it worth me upgrading at this point, or should I wait until the i5 comes out next summer?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    How many upgrades do you have per year? I have one averaging about every 8 months or so with all the kids. So upgrading was a no brainer for me. $200 and sell a year or less later for 300-350. Do you take a lot of photos Roger?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Not really. At least I don't on my BlackBerry. I liked the camera better on the iPhone. I do have a lot of music, however.

I should have another upgrade around the time the i5 is released, I think.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nexus nexus nexus.

As so pipes in a 'Droid "fanboy."

I've had my eye on that one, Jay. No word yet as to whether or not it's coming to AT&T.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Really depends on a lot of factors. Choke hit on many of them.For me i'm glad i did. I sold my i4 for 350 so the price was minimal. I burned an upgrade but i'll have another available next fall.My advice would be,if you wouldn't be able to get an i5 when it drops (whenever that might be) then don't upgrade.If you will be able to,then by all means go for the upgrade.If you plan on selling your i4, the price will be dropping every month so the longer you hang on to it the less you can get.

As far as the i4s being better than the i4 it would definitely be in the better camera,more memory(64gb) and Siri. if those aren't important to you then I would skip it.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

I already sold my i4, so that's not an issue. The money's burnin' a whole in my pocket!

Seriously, the i5 most likely won't be out until the fall and, like you, I'll have another upgrade available on another line.

I guess the only real question is 16, 32 or 64?

Oh, but that Nexus sure looks purdy, too.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    for me 32 was probably plenty big enough....but i always say,go big or go home :0

I'm sure at&t will carry it, question is when.
    Honestly I think you may be happier with the 5, patience is a virtue. With Mr. Jobs passing, and a few more months to get specs, I have no doubt the 5 will be a special device.

Besides you've wanted it. Life is short, get what will truely (nexus?) Make you happy, the (nexus?) IPhone 5.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Get a 64Gig and carry your tunes with you. You could command Siri to play you and your date love songs while on your way to a lovely dinner at McDonald's. Not only will your date be impressed with your manly commanding voice, but she will be in "aw" knowing that her man can handle a romantic situation without the use of his hands.

I really like the form factor of the i4/S. While I'd like a bigger screen, I'm not sure I'd be happy with the thinner device, as purported for the next design.

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Get a 64Gig and carry your tunes with you. You could command Siri to play you and your date love songs while on your way to a lovely dinner at McDonald's. Not only will your date be impressed with your manly commanding voice, but she will be in "aw" knowing that her man can handle a romantic situation without the use of his hands.
    You're in rare form these days, Cap.

Did you get the 64gb?

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    After all, so many DO have to use their hands FOR romantic situations.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    You're in rare form these days, Cap.

Did you get the 64gb?
    cap gets me with those eyes...mesmerizing...

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    No. I'm still on the iPhone 4. I don't have an upgrade till April but I would be all over it if my upgrade was sooner. Sad really.

I am thinking about selling a Blackberry and the original Nexus just so I can upgrade now and use my April upgrade for the iPhone 5. I have a hard time selling my old devices since I feel an attachment to them. Pathetic, I know... I'm a man of nostalgia.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast