Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

As soon as the iPad is launched and in peoples hands they will focus on ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

As soon as the iPad is launched and in peoples hands they will focus on the next Generation of iPhone. So I hope we begin to see more Rumors on what to expect.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Dont quote me on this, but I heard it was comin out in 11 days.

I DONT KNOW 
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    I don't think Apple will ever make an open device. No Bluetooth file transfer, unapproved apps access, drag and drop without iTunes. They will always make you pay for your stuff through iTunes.

But if I had to put some plausible things on the list, I'd go with:

1) 8MP auto focus camera with video recording, 5 times zoom, light detection with flash, and photo editing.

2) File arrangement

3) Multitasking interface

4) Accelerometer usage at homescreen

5) Customization abilities: Wallpaper at all times, icons placed anywhere on screen, etc

6) AMOLED screen

7) Gesture recognition

8) Flash Player

9) Actual thumbprint and voice recognition security authorization

10) Multipoint Bluetooth to stream A2DP on one device and simaltaniously be connected to a hands free earpiece.

IMO.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

Do you want an alternative iTune for free? Check out Lazy Panda.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Last edited by sooner; 03-06-2010 at 02:21 AM.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The speculation begins now that the iPad launch is set.

iPhone OS 4.0 Multi tasking report

This would be awesome.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Check out this picture of a Mockup

Link to original
    Attached Images Attached Images

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    It needs a flash for the camera and more screen size less trim.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    It needs a flash for the camera and more screen size less trim.
    ...and a decent battery for all this !

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I kind of liked that one just a Lil' bit. I don't think flash will be on the next version tho. I suppose since I said that now it will tho.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Honestly? This time I have no ideas in my minds eye what to expect out of the next generation iPhone. Looking at recent Apple purchases I see a 5mp camera being used and LG suppling the screens. I'm not sure if iChat will be included but think there is a good chance it will be w/a front facing camera.

I see the 1GHz processor being used with storage being increased to at least 64GB.
    A re-design? Hmmm not to sure. Maybe a color here or there changed up a bit for a different over-all appearance but I don't see any huge changes in the design.

I don't see OLED being used. I think Apple will remain with what they know works and is cheap. I do see OS 4.0 as an OS that will offer news things that prior OS's could not offer.

I expect to see Battery improvements also.

One Hundred and Twenty Eight Gigs

I hope.

iLord is DEAD!

illusiveongaku7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    It's crazy cause w/ as hyped up as people and Mac ORIGINALLY made the iPhone, they sure didn't come thru w/ it much, considering all the upgrades people are recommending for it...

Its mostly the screen swap (landscape/portrait), the crap camera (no zoom, poor quality), no option for themes (w/o jailbreaking it), and the stucked features of HAVING to use iTunes to update and add things to it that irritate me the most... but everything that everyones listed so far would be a massive improvement to this, plus probably make it more of a craved product than hyping it up then failing to follow thru with several things that it's lacking!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    It's just that iPhone users want to keep up with what's being offered now on newer devices. It's only fair to assume that Apple will want to upgrade to faster and better features. They are definately not going to let themselves fall behind. It's going to be exciting to see what the next iPhone is going to offer.

P.S. I did find a paid app called ProCamera that provides a zoom and photo editing. Check it out at the App Store.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    At first (2 years ago now) I was really disapointed in the lack of ability to customize the phone too. Then I began to see why, memory leaks, crashes and battery issues. I can understand making it more difficult to customize and why it has to be that way.

I would rather not have spinning beach balls or pinwheels and battery drains and no crashes. I want it to work and I want it to work now when I need it.

It's a trade off i guess. Im ok with it now.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's starting to rain next iPhone information.

Next iPhone will be named iPhone HD and have a high res screen 960 x 640 display, a front-facing camera, and that
    iPhone OS 4.0 will enable third-party multitasking. Release date June 22nd

More to read

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast