Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monday is the day 6/21/2010 we can all download and install iOS4 on our iPhone ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

iPhone-4 iOS4 Walk Through

Advertisement

Monday is the day 6/21/2010 we can all download and install iOS4 on our iPhone 3GS so here is a very detailed walk through of what to expect and how it looks along with video demos of it in action.

If your not excited about iOS4 after reading this, then nothing will do it for you

iOS4 walk through

Posted via iPad in all it's glory

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh....I'll run it once they jailbreak it so I can get my free apps . Love the fact that I can make my own folders without getting all crazy hacking my phone by downloading silly apps and what not ie. categories from cydia. The wait continues...

On another note, I'm kinda disappointed that face time is only being provided through wifi (major downgrade) Major improvement to our U.S phone industry just not what I wanted to hear .

Second, the led flash is a great upgrade for me but I dunno...I'm still debating if I should upgrade or just wait to see if the iPhone is definitely going to Verizon so I can make the switch but I'm content for now.

Great read SRL, Keep up the great work. You're the go to iPhone news guy
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I just saw a tweet that 4.0 might be unlockable? Anyone know anything about that?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Still no indication when iOS4 is being released to the masses. I checked a bit ago and did not get the prompt. I'm still running 3.1.1 so I will be jumping passed 3.2 all together.

I'm not going to get much use out of it since I have already sold my 3GS to another person who will take it over the day my iP4 arrives.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Retired
    iPhone 4 OS or iOS4 is now available to download and install via iTunes. Hook-em up and DL away.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    hopefully we can unlock it soon!!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am LOVING the new features available on my iTouch 3G. Good thing I waited for the version I did LOL

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Erica, what are the enhancements of the UG on the iPod?. I installed 4.0 and do not really see anything new.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Which iPod Touch do you have? The latest one (32 or 64 GB) got all of the upgrades of iOS4 except FaceTime. This news item has links and descriptions of all new features http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=6184

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    People!! Unlock is what really matters!!!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I have gen 3, 8 GB. bought new a month ago, jailbroken and had cydia and winterboard installed. Did a restore to factory, then DL os 4 to my laptop, istalled it, and restored all my music, apps , pics, etc. I go to settings>general>about> it says version 4.0 (8A293). but I see no changes from the previos os. IDK?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

The unified mailbox is new and there are new wallpapers. Pressing the Home button twice shows you all your open apps. If you drag one app on top of another, a folder is created to store the apps together based on category. I added a few iBooks to the iBooks shelf, which is also new (it can also hold PDF's).

PIN/ID
    Retired
    After tapping twice on the home button like Erica mentioned it pops up the menu of Apps running. If you swipe left there are more controls that include one to "Lock" screen orientation. This has been needed for awhile now and I'm glad to see it.

I don't think the new iBooks option to read PDF's is going to eliminate any PDF Apps tho. I seems to handle 50 page PDF's pretty good but anything over 50 pages with lots of graphics seems to slow it down a little bit. I loaded a 120 page PDF and it crashed iBooks. Heck it even hosed the 20 books I have loaded. The only thing I could see on the screen was the Bookself with no buttons or anything. It looked like wallpaper on the screen .

I deleted the App and did a sync w/iTunes and everything came back just fine. I also missed the fact you can delete any Book and open the iBook App again go to the Store and re-download any Books you have already purchased, FREE. So it works like Apps. That's nice b/c I can see racking up hundreds of Books in no time at all.

I've started adding more wallpaper for iPhone3GS and iPhone4 here if your needing more images to use other than the default ones.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    WOOPTY DOOO, I am not impressed with the new so called anticipated cant live with out iOS4.0.

They came really close to getting the mailbox correct but failed to add, MARK ALL PRIOR READ, OR DELETE ALL PRIOR. The rest of the functions you can basically get through Cydia.

Im puttin the Droid on mine now!!!!

Crapple dropped it again. Bahahahahah

iLord is DEAD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast