Anyone knows when jailbreak and unlock will be available for 3gs os 4.1? Thanks in ... Apple iPhone forum

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Iphone 3gs OS 4.1

Advertisement

Anyone knows when jailbreak and unlock will be available for 3gs os 4.1? Thanks in advance.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    You can Jail Break but not unlock yet, it will be coming very soon.

But with that in mind, you can unlock a 3gs FW 4.1 IF YOU HAVE USED PWNAGE TOOL, what this does is let u upgrade from lets say3.1.3 to 4.1 and IT WILL NOT UPGRADE YOUR BASEBAND, if you have already upgraded then you will have to wait.

The unofficial version of PwnageTool for iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3GS has been released. It can jailbreak iPhone 3GS (with old bootrom only) using iOS 4.1 custom FW. For those of you who don’t know, PwnageTool for Mac enables iPhone users to upgrade to the new firmware without upgrading the baseband, hence making it possible to jailbreak and UNLOCK the phone using the Ultrasn0w software. This VERSION OF PWNAGE TOOL unfortunately doesn’t support hacktivation, so you will have to either use officially supported SIM, or the PHONEBOOK SIM CARD METHOD to activate the phone before unlocking it with Ultrasn0w.
    I hope this clarifies your issue, but it will be out soon. I suggest NEVER UPDATE TILL YOU KNOW WHAT IS AVAILABLE FOR YOU.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Sooner, I bought the phone from a friend at work. Its only about a month old. He update the OS before he sold it to me. I don't know if he have bootrom, etc saved on his computer. "Don't think he will know what it is"

I am currently using the phone with wifi for web browsing, etc. Do you know why mine is on the home screen, where as my son when he got his 2g it was on the plug into Itunes homescreen

Im not quite sure I follow you, whats on the homescreen?

Also who is your carrier?

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    I'm currently using it without Sim card. Using wifi for web, etc.

You may possibly need to put a workin SIM in. That would be my first attempt.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    What I'm trying to find is why would my phone not be on the connect to Itunes homescreen like my sons. Is perhaps unlocked or jailbroken or something?

You have to verify that THE SIM card is verified to iTunes. Since you have no SIM thats why it wont connect. Get a SIM card!!!

iLord is DEAD!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    What I'm trying to find is why would my phone not be on the connect to Itunes homescreen like my sons. Is perhaps unlocked or jailbroken or something?
    The connect to iTunes screen you see is the activation screen. When your friend gave you the phone he had already "activated" it meaning he had already connected it to iTunes with an at&t sim card. With you being on the home screen you are ok to put an at&t sim in and start using the phone. At this point it won't care if your account is prepaid or contract (although if you try to use the internet over the cellular network it will) to make phone calls.

Zo

echtra no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Hi,

Before you can connect to iTunes there some things you have to do first. Here is a complete instructional from Apple.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1690