-Apparently alot faster loading times (2.1x for txting app) -3 Mega Pixel autofocus auto white ... Apple iPhone forum

MasterWestt no está en línea Stack level 1

iPhone 3Gs announced !!

Advertisement

-Apparently alot faster loading times (2.1x for txting app)
    -3 Mega Pixel autofocus auto white balance camera WITH VIDEO CAPABILITY.. and touch editing.
    -New "Compass" which is also integrated into the maps.
    -Longer Battery life (5hours 3G talk and 9 hours wifi browsing)
    -Voice recognition (alot cooler than you would think, ex: "Play more music like this")
    -16 gb and 32gb
    -199$ and iphone is now 99$

Worth it ? Discuss.
    _Wes Hubert
    _Wes.Hubert@gmail.com
    _Twitter: MasterWestt
    _Official iPhone & BlackBerry fnatic

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The free upgraded of the OS will be worth it for those existing 3G owners. For those looking to buy their first iphone it should also be nice to have the added features.

Built-in video camera with editing
    Voice Control
    Compass2
    Landscape keyboard
    Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
    Tethering with no configuration (just activate it and it works)
    +100 other additions.

Features
    Gallery

Tech Specs
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-08-2009 at 05:20 PM.

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    The free upgraded of the OS will be worth it for those existing 3G owners. For those looking to buy their first iphone it should also be nice to have the added features.

Built-in video camera with editing
    Voice Control
    Compass2
    Landscape keyboard
    Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
    Tethering with no configuration (just activate it and it works)
    +100 other additions.

Features
    Gallery

Tech Specs
    We are looking to purchase it next month (after some of the heat wears off). I thought there was still no TETHERING allowed in the US for Iphone 3gS. Please advise.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    AT&T is still showing their colors (True colors) and not offering Tethering nor MMS) till this summer sometime. Your guess is as good as anyones on the date. AT&T really does have issues and it's been showing for a long time. Your right, it's not available yet but will be. The good news is when it does become available it will be nice because there is nothing to configure. Turn it on and it just works. No software needed.

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Rogers is getting it June 19th

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I think I might upgrade and try it out... not sure.. i am really happy with my bold, but I do like the apps on there though. Not sure yet.....I dont think I am eligible until August anyway so I have some time to see how it all pans out.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I installed the new 3.0 last night and I'm smiling finally with the new features. They were worth the wait. C&P is so great and search is second to none.

The OS also seems to snap better today I will finally get to see if Battery life is improved.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's better also.

Edit* I forgot the "Find my iPhone" rocks! You can see where it's at on the map and send messages to it or wipe all the data. This little feature is going to make a lot of people happy.
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-10-2009 at 12:36 PM.

PIN/ID
    Retired

3Gs Specs

For those wondering about the difference in the Specs. Here you go.

- The CPU clock speed is faster
    - The CPU architecture is more advanced, with two simultaneous processing pipelines instead of 1
    - There's twice the processing cache plus an additional level of cache
    - There's twice the application RAM and it's double the clock speed.
    - The graphics core is all-new. It is more advanced in pretty much all the same ways as the CPU. It will push more pixels, more triangles, and has full shaders.

New 3Gs:

256 MB of Ram
    600 MHZ processor
    32 GB hard drive
    3 MB camera with autofocus
    7.2 MBits
    Bluetooth 2.1
    Video camer

Old 3G:

128mb Ram
    400mhz
    No Video
    2 megapixel Camera

Article

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by srl7741; 06-10-2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Added image

piccopower no está en línea Stack level 3
    I installed the new 3.0 last night and I'm smiling finally with the new features. They were worth the wait. C&P is so great and search is second to none.

The OS also seems to snap better today I will finally get to see if Battery life is improved.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's better also.
    Is the 3.0 that's out a beta version?

Edit* I forgot the "Find my iPhone" rocks! You can see where it's at on the map and send messages to it or wipe all the data. This little feature is going to make a lot of people happy.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Retired
    No it's not Beta, it's named v3.0 GM which is supposed to be the same version released Wednesday. I have now way to verify that for the moment. Next week when the pubic release is posted I guess I can compare then.

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    But regarless of the new upgrade the iPhone is pretty boring if it's not jailbreak or at least that's what I think idk. Or what you stackers think about that? Is it worth upgrading even know you can't jailbreak for the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by evo1725 View Post
    But regarless of the new upgrade the iPhone is pretty boring if it's not jailbreak or at least that's what I think idk. Or what you stackers think about that? Is it worth upgrading even know you can't jailbreak for the moment?
    IMO, it seems that the iphone gs is pretty solid w/o it being "jail broken". one of the bennys i guess with the jailbreak is that you can use it on other networks?

i'm debating b/tw the 3g or 3gs. its basically $100 difference but when i multiply that by 2 (one for me and the spouse) that $200. the 3g w/ the upgraded 3.0 is tempting but we are leaning toward the 3gs.

AT&T is still showing their colors (True colors) and not offering Tethering nor MMS) till this summer sometime. Your guess is as good as anyones on the date. AT&T really does have issues and it's been showing for a long time. Your right, it's not available yet but will be. The good news is when it does become available it will be nice because there is nothing to configure. Turn it on and it just works. No software needed.
    i read that the mms is coming later this summer. i didn't know the tethering was too. If so then it would make sense for my fam to just get the 3gs

evo1725 no está en línea Stack level 4
    [QUOTE=taynepope;1157544]i read that the mms is coming later this summer. i didn't know the tethering was too. If so then it would make sense for my fam to just get the 3gs[/QUOTE

Well I being sending mms a while back allready. I have landscape keyboard too for the SMS. I can copy and paste video cam. And jailbreaking is not just about using your iPhone with other networks it's way beyond that like get free paid apps customizing your phone in thousdan ways I mean the options are endless