iPhone to iPhone Messaging App. I just saw this App and have not tried it ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

iPhone 2 iPhone Messenger

Advertisement

iPhone to iPhone Messaging App. I just saw this App and have not tried it yet but I'm going to give it a shot and see what it's all about.

iTunes Link:
    Web Site:

WhatsApp is a smarter Address Book for your Smartphone: it will answer the What's up question before you place a call. Thanks to this application, you and your friends will always know what's up and how to best get in touch. And now, with iPhone Push Notifications, WhatsApp can even let you know when your contact's status changes and what they are up to.

WhatsApp only works among users who have the application, so after you download WhatsApp, make sure to use the "Tell a Friend" feature to share this App with the friends and contacts in your address book.

And yes, of course BlackBerry and iPhone contacts can communicate their status with each other!

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Twitter?
    -Tim

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Well what I found interesting was their last statement.

"And yes, of course BlackBerry and iPhone contacts can communicate their status with each other!"

Wonder what that really means? How does that work?

partycove no está en línea Stack Pro
    it looks like something like the bb messager!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    That's what it is for the iPhone but I think they are also beginning to bridge the two. Guess we will have to wait till someone with a BB installs the App and someone with an iPhone has it running and see how they interact.

Edit* I just read BB Chat is still a few months away.

Edit 2* Link to FAQ's
    Last edited by srl7741; 09-14-2009 at 08:48 PM.

i have both will see

cant wait

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Hmmm, I believe we have a new App that is different than the rest? I see some things I really like but I also see some things I'm not too sure about. Our relationships are dependent on our phone numbers (That's new, no sure how I feel about that yet). Our status indicators are pre-selected by the user. Meaning we have to create them or more importantly maintain them. So yes ssnxp was right Twitter like kinda sorta. It has that reverse stalking feature (I call it that anyway).

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    agree SRL, the good part about the BBM was that it didn't transfer or reveal any personal information like your phone number. Not sure how you add someone else that has the application though. Would it send them an email, or txt them to see if they want to add the application?

I haven't figured out the details just of this one yet on how it works... BUT interesting to be able to communicate with a BB without IM, sms, twitter, or facebook. LOL Do we need another method?? If it was anonymous... maybe

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm pretty protective of my PIN, more so of my phone number for sure. I'm not sure how I feel about this....I think I would rather stick with talking to iPhone users via other IM apps like google talk...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I'm pretty protective of my PIN, more so of my phone number for sure. I'm not sure how I feel about this....I think I would rather stick with talking to iPhone users via other IM apps like google talk...
    I agree with you on this one for sure !!

It does work with blackberry bold. They can download the app
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I used the app and didn't like it because of the phone number issue. It is faster
    than sending a SMS but other chat methods are alot safer. I would live for
    the iPhone to get some sort of messenger exclusively for iPhones.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I sort of posted about this App b/c I felt it was one to watch. It's an area where there are not many options. I hope to see it developed more. It's a tough catigory, most people are happy using one IM Client that manages them all. PIN to PIN (when introduced) was great and still is. Today however not many things survive when they are so limited (user base).