Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a upgrade with AT&T. I have been trying to wait for them to ... Apple iPhone forum

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6

iphone 16gig iphone or bold

Advertisement

I have a upgrade with AT&T. I have been trying to wait for them to release the curve, but we all know how that goes wait wait wait... Well I've moved on to the bold, however, I am thinking about the iphone. I hear a lot about the jailbroken iphone. Well, what exactly does that mean and what does it add to the iphone?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3
    Apps for the iphone have to be coded right to to be "authorized" to work on the phone. A jailbroken iPhone means that it will run any app made by anyone. A jailbroken Iphone will also work with any carrier worldwide that uses a SIM card to activate. The downside to a jailbroken iphone is that you can never again upgrade the OS. Upgrading the OS will reinstate the the original security and it will be "jailed" once again.

I am not going to lie, everything about the iPhone is defiantely cutting edge, but it doesn't quite suit my needs yet.

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Yeah the iphone is neat, but I still think I will be on the cutting edge of technology with the bold. Besides I've been with blackberry for about three years now and it is very hard to part. I am also amazed by the bolds processor.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by blkbryadict View Post
    A jailbroken Iphone will also work with any carrier worldwide that uses a SIM card to activate. The downside to a jailbroken iphone is that you can never again upgrade the OS. Upgrading the OS will reinstate the the original security and it will be "jailed" once again.
    the phone has to be unlocked for it to work with any carrier, not jailbroken.
    You can still upgrade and not worry about re-jailbreaking. the only OS that isn't available is 3.0 and even that has a working jailbreak for it. Give it a week after the official release and you'll be able to get the newest update and be jailbroken.

the only way for manzana to stop jailbreaking is to change the hardware as long as they still use the current 3G & 2G hardware there is always going to be a jailbreak for it.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    id go with a bold and put a 32gb card in it...
    i see RED...

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    if you want a personal business phone for always staying in touch id go with the bold, if you want a phone that is capable of doing almost everything the bold can do and play video, games, and has plenty of apps to choose from id definately go with the iphone.

An iphone 3g 16gig refurb goes for 149 bold refurb goes for 199 and then you still need to buy a 16gb microsd card that goes for roughly 60ish just to give it the storage space the 16gb iphone is capable of. If you can live without the physical keyboard the iphone is the one to go for just because the outrageous amount of apps and the media rich expierence you will receive. IMHO, I still want my bold though just because I miss my keyboard
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

taynepope no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm having the same issue. i have the curve and we are looking for a new wireless provider and the iphone vs the storm is looking quite appealing.

It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday....

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    IMHO, I still want my bold though just because I miss my keyboard
    me too but i'm thinking of upgrading one of my lines to get the refurb bold. i was told that you can sub to the BB data plan and swap SIM will still work. now, if you are sub to the iPhone data plan, you can't swap without swapping plans. i'm really trying to give this a go, but i miss my bold more and more every day. how many bbm contacts do you have? i had around 40, of which i talked to at least half on a daily basis.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I have a bold and i am still very happy with it, and don't see anything new from RIM that would make me upgrade to it [rogers]. I am pondering getting the itouch for the apps and for some tunes. I have the ipod video 80gb that is still only half full..... so I dunno what to do with my upgrade ; )

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    The ideal situation would be to have both. If you had never used a Blackberry then the Iphone would stand on its own. But if you have had and used a newer Blackberry, the shine of using an Iphone seems to wear off in a couple of weeks, and from what I gather here on PS, people soon find themselves wanting their Berries again. The Iphone is a great phone too, but the 9000 is an absolute beast.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    absolute !!! i like that word... the BOLD is ABSOLUTE !!!
    i see RED...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    To the OP: AT&T will have your new Curve in June. Check out BG they posted images.
    Last edited by srl7741; 05-03-2009 at 02:00 PM.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    me too but i'm thinking of upgrading one of my lines to get the refurb bold. i was told that you can sub to the BB data plan and swap SIM will still work. now, if you are sub to the iPhone data plan, you can't swap without swapping plans. i'm really trying to give this a go, but i miss my bold more and more every day. how many bbm contacts do you have? i had around 40, of which i talked to at least half on a daily basis.
    You should be able to switch back and forth the only thing that might not work is your email. I bought my phone from a 3rd party and used it on my BB plan for a week with no issues switching back and forth, finally broke down and called att and switched my plan type to iphone and havent put my sim in one of my other phones to see there is any difference, shouldnt be the only difference is visual voicemail. ATT cant distinguish the different data from an iphone or the blackberry.

Didnt use bbm, I always just sms/mms for my contacts. Since swapping to an iphone ive probably cut back from about 1200+ txt's a month to about 400-500 just becuase of the lack of keyboard, i just call them now (how inconvenient ) or just type longer messages.

If you jailbreak your phone and install that stuff I messaged you, you'll be happy with the phone. I know I am
    Quotes to live by:

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    I have both too. I use my bold more often because of its versitality.
    Right now the keyboard,ringtone from mp3, and bg apps is what attracts me most about the bold.
    Oh I bought my 8GB microsd from officedepot for $19 about 3months ago.
    Last edited by pinpoint; 06-23-2009 at 07:14 PM.

lando4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FB09EF
    WTF BOLD CAN ACCOMMODATE 32Gb, OMG Ididnt know that wowowoooooI HEARD 16Gb slows it down a tat but 32Gb that would make BOL D THE POWER HOUSE OF 2009-10
    ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THE 32Gb
    PROVE IT
    gimmi a article or someting
    Lando
    (googletalk/latitude)
    landopecs@gmail.com

PIN# 30FB09EF
    http://jackshill.hi5.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast