Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

My iPhone5 is cool. I really like it. But today I was reading the latest ... Apple iPhone forum

davidbaja no está en línea Stack level 1

Question iPhone5 or HTC DNA which do you choose?

Advertisement

My iPhone5 is cool. I really like it.
    But today I was reading the latest reviews for the HTC DNA Droid.
    Everyone WITHOUT exception gave the HTC DNA 5 star ratings!!
    I've always owned everything Apple (Mac)
    But after reading the reviews for the HTC DNA smartphone
    I'm thinking about selling my iPhone and buying the HTC DNA
    Smartphone. Your suggestions and advice for me is welcomed.
    Thank you.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    You may want to wait and hear from Roger, chokem, and Capdot. All recently switched from iPhones to Androids. Chokem has a Note 2 which would be closest to the HTC.

While I wouldn't give 2˘ for an iPhone, you would want to consider that there is a big difference between Apples cloaed ecosystem and Androids wide open system.

I'd consider a Note before the HTC, but that's me.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Ditto Jay.
    Remember that the "hop" from iOS to Android is vastly different. More features, more possibilities but, requiring a little adaptation. after that´s done you´ll realize what you´ve been missing until now.
    As Jay suggests, I´d give a hard earnest look at the Samsung Note II. The HTC falls far short of features when compared to this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    As the two gentlemen above me have stated, I chose the Note 2 over the iPhone 5. Coming from the last three years on IOS, most recently the 4s. After I saw that Apple elongated the screen and added a slightly faster chip, I decided to jump ship to a Galaxy S3 briefly, then the N2. I won't be going back to IOS until they make some drastic changes in it's hardware and software. I've had this Note2 for about a month now and am blown away by it. In my opinion you couldn't go wrong with one.
    jfcooley likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I just got so tired of Rooting, Roming and customizing my Android over and over again. It was consuming my life so I went back to Blackberry and got the Bold 9900. I still have and use the 9900 because it is an amazing phone and the best one that Rim has made, but I was still longing to go back to Apple and have been waiting for them to change the all glass frame. So, when the iPhone 5 came out, I was very interested. I waited about 3mo's to see reviews and finally bit the bullet and got it. It is fast and it's sexy and I haven't had any issues with it so far. It syncs so wonderfully with my Macbook Pro. I would say that it is the type of phone to get if you just want a great phone that works in your life and want to forget about tinkering. The Bold just works too, but nothing is being developed for the Blackberry and there are some apps that I do need in my life. So, you have to decide what kind of person you are or what would fit in your life style. I just decided that I was going to simplify and not root, rom, jailbreak or change leaked OS's so my choice was the i5.. Good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 01-25-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    KTW likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well put, Deb. You mentioned some things Del and I have talked about regarding the iPhone. I loved mine, but was disgruntled when the 5 was announced. IMO the screen is still too small. Now if the rumors are true that they're coming out with a 4.8" screen, then they may win me back, but these old eyes need a larger screen and the iPhone didn't cut it anymore. And nobody said you HAD to root or rom your 'Droid. I'm using the stock SIII and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Well put, Deb. You mentioned some things Del and I have talked about regarding the iPhone. I loved mine, but was disgruntled when the 5 was announced. IMO the screen is still too small. Now if the rumors are true that they're coming out with a 4.8" screen, then they may win me back, but these old eyes need a larger screen and the iPhone didn't cut it anymore. And nobody said you HAD to root or rom your 'Droid. I'm using the stock SIII and love it.
    I can understand the frustration if you are coming from the 4S. Pretty much not worth the upgrade, but the last time I had an iPhone was the 3GS years ago running jailbroken on T-Mobile. I can't tell you how slow edge speed was on that phone and breaking your jailbreak and unlock if you needed to upgrade the OS My problem with Android was not getting the OS upgrades and having to root. If I were to go back to Android, I would choose an unlocked Nexus but they are all sold out right now.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 01-29-2013 at 05:12 PM.

I kinda miss the old days of leaked BB OS upgrades. No need for jailbreaking, rooting or anything. Who knows.....BB may win me back, too!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    First of all, nice to see you back on PS, Deb. It was a long while. The choice of smartphone is very personal, so I'm sure you've made a good decision.
    Good luck with your new phone.
    Now that you won't waste your time rooting and roming Droids you can stay a lot longer with us here. I always valued your opinions. I'm sure all of us did.
    And the BB10 is starting to look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    First of all, nice to see you back on PS, Deb. It was a long while. The choice of smartphone is very personal, so I'm sure you've made a good decision.
    Good luck with your new phone.
    Now that you won't waste your time rooting and roming Droids you can stay a lot longer with us here. I always valued your opinions. I'm sure all of us did.
    And the BB10 is starting to look good.
    Aww.. Thanks Del.. I have been using the i5 on and off for about 20 days now and am starting to get alittle bored with it I know, I know, I just talked about how great it is and how I wanted to go simple, but browsing the web on it is not so great. I don't like to pinch and zoom and move it all around to read an article and the text just seems to light colored for my aging eyes. IDK.. I am seriously considering exchanging it for a different phone. Another peeve is that it doesn't feel comfortable to hold. I don't know why, but I just don't like the feel of it. I know I can use an app like Readability to save and open in more readable view, but that is just a pita. Am I going crazy??? I am seriously thinking of switching to a Note II. Can you guys help me decide? Thanks

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Whoa. Note II might be too big for you, Deb.

You should certainly have a look, but I'd bet you'd like the SIII.

Maybe, but I do have long fingers and it may be why the i5 doesn't feel comfortable or wide enough for my hands. I do like the idea of a phablet and I don't travel around with my phone much. Isn't the S4 coming out soon? should I even consider the S3 in that case? But, unfortunately I have to go with a phone that is out right now. I have till 2/4 to exchange and decide. Plus, it has to be an ATT phone unless I sell the i5 and pay the ETF

SIV won't be out until April, if then. You should go look at both. Both are available on AT&T. Glenn has had them both.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Get the N2. The size goes from a liability to an asset in three days. My quadrant benchmarks are right at 7000 with the ROM I'm currently using. This is by far the fastest device I've ever used/seen.
    Delfim likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Get the N2. The size goes from a liability to an asset in three days. My quadrant benchmarks are right at 7000 with the ROM I'm currently using. This is by far the fastest device I've ever used/seen.
    Go big or go home.
    Delfim likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast