Hey guys i am crazed blackberry owner and have been for about 1 year now ... Apple iPhone forum

jayjay7411 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3189BF5E

IPhone??.........

Advertisement

Hey guys i am crazed blackberry owner and have been for about 1 year now but i keep seeing this darn iphone come around and it looks so sharp and nice. i once saw this post that hayden posted about the bold and iphone comparsion now i know it said the iphone had no video and no mms but both have been added apps. after mods so really i cant compare to a bold or any blackberry in that case. i dont know i just think that the blackberry needs to step it up just a bit even the theme are beter for iphone cause when you create or use a theme for the iphone it changes your calendar and internet bars and everything not just the outlay its all internal app changes its so cool.. dont know just speaking my mind.... maybe even change to iphone

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    yea but why would you have to mod a phone to do that? shouldn't mms and other apps like that come standard?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Blackberry is a great tool that has been proven over and over again. The email is second to none to which the rest of the smart phone world is lagging behind. The IPhone is eyecandy but I'm dazzled with the reliability and performance of my blackberry.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mylexon20s no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B62A91
    I sold my old BB8800 back in March and purchased an iPhone and unlocked and jailbroke it to work on Tmobile. Long story short, I got sick of having to update the firmware again and again and again, and did I say again? The people that are offering an MMS program are trying to sell a $10 program license JUST to be able to send and recieve MMS, and the program shows a thumbnail of whatever pic was sent to you, not to mention that the mms program doesnt supply video. Also, the app store is wack. I thought it would be awesome, but basically all the apps that were originally available for free when you jailbroke your phone, have now had their programs added to the app store and you have to pay for them.

Its a great phone but Apple has really crippled it by holding back basic features. Also, one drop and its over, no insurance and if you smash the screen, you have two options, spend $200 to buy another LCD+Sensor or pay Apple $250 for a refurb.
    Long story short, I just sold my iPhone for $300 on craigslist August 29 and im not looking back! Also, the email is supposed to be Push, but its not even close.
    Good Luck with whichever decision you make, but I will say one last thing, AT&Ts rate plans for the iPhone are pretty expensive, and so far, the only thing they have released as far as an unlock for the 3G is a sim-unlock not software. If you've got any questions, hit me up

mylexon20s no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B62A91
    o and BTW, I couldn't be happier to have switched back to a Blackberry Curve 8320!

cballard26 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243512FF
    True the iphone does look nice. I am also aware that they have added some apps to make it work better, but I agree with blacktouch007 that should be standard. I don't believe they came out with a phone that was missing lots of standard items and sold that phone for upwards of 600-700 dollars. Amazing...

JayJay7411 I don't know if you are aware but RIMs touch screen the Blackberry Storm is coming out later this year. This phone should be better than the iphone. All the power of the Bold in a touch screen...wonderful!!

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    why not stick with a bb, you will switch back anyway. havent you read all the post? if you are use to a bb you will def not like an iphone

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Jayjay read the new post "A Bold Review...from someone who always hated Blackberrys".

jayjay7411 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3189BF5E
    ok so my reason for wanting to change is because i want this thunder or storm whatever its name is, but i am with sprint is there any news that it will ever drop with sprint???

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    I switched from curve to iphone. The iphone is a nice phone. I have been using blackberries for the last 5-6 years. I do the change cause I browse more and the Fetch/Push emails is OK. Not excellent as the BB but is OK. What I really miss is the background application for chats. Chats on the iphone are web base or applications where if you go to idle or to home screen the chat gone... The good think is that the iphone is the only apply phone, then apple needs to just concentrate on one phone to fix.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Simple, just go to sprint and tell them hey morons i'm sick of your service i wanna get a real phone now and head over to verizon and get the thunder/storm/volcano/tsunami/lightning/tornado/avalanche/catastrophe/hurricane among other names they pick for it and be happier than those people with the Iphone . I know the feeling but hey what's one more month or so. You know Verizon aint like AT&T pushing their phones back again and again. Only thing is you'd have to check with those SOB's if they're gonna cripple the GPS on it. That's the only thing that worries me now. I'm with AT&T and you wouldn't believe the number of times i was tempted to switch but read and saw so many problems with that thing. Oh, and about that thing where you have to upgrade to new firmware after firmware well, that's the most annoying thing too. Look at bb's they don't need to upgrade theirs every week. They hardly do because they make the phones usable after it leaves the store. No need for jumpstarting or fiddling around with the cables to hotwire it in order to send/receive mms lol. Just stay where you are and enjoy your bb. Trust me you won't regret it.

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

NEW to phones

Lets not forget this is Apples first phone. Not bad for the first time out and I can expect changes in the first few years. I have been a blackberry user for years and I must say they are loosing ground. Give Apple another year and they will be on even ground with functionality. Just my opinion.

Maxx730 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31bf8ee1
    also if you like the sharpness of how the iphone ui looks then just spend a lot of time on a blackberry theme, cuz they can be pretty sharp too

mdh00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Sprint will get the Thunder eventually after it gets released. Just be patient. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~