Hey guys/girls. Im considering trading for a two week old Iphone 3G, but was informed ... Apple iPhone forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Insurance on used Iphone

Advertisement

Hey guys/girls. Im considering trading for a two week old Iphone 3G, but was informed by ATT that it would not be eligible for the Apple care package (insurance on device and loss). Is there any other way I can insure it? I know Squaretrade insures the device, but I dont think they will cover a lost or stolen phone. Any ideas?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I know with Verizon, you have 30 days to put insurance on the phone, but I've never tried on a "not new" device before. What are the odds that the person you are trading could add the insurance on it and it would transfer to you? Just a though. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

PIN/ID
    nada
    thanks Jake
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Well, I'm not sure that was much help, but you're welcome...

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    check this out we use it in our retail centers to insure boost and iphones www.WirelessProtectionProgram.com
    "This life almost didn't happen"

PIN/ID
    nada
    I'll take a look-thanks.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    as long as the original apple warranty is still good you can add the protection plan through apple.
    Dont let them tell you that you dont still have a manufactuers warranty if you bought it from a 3rd party before it was up. I know this for a fact because I purchased mine from a 3rd party and apple replaced it when it bricked because it was still under warranty.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

PIN/ID
    nada
    yeah, I realize the manufacturers warranty will still be good, but I just checked on squaretrade, and it said that a warranty on an iphone had to be purchased within 30 days of the original purchase. Also, there is no loss or theft protection.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'd upgrade when you get the chance......keep a hold of the 8900....if your like me you'll wish you had it back after awhile.... just my 2 cents...

PIN/ID
    nada
    Well, I just don't wanna take a chance of losing the Iphone, then I'd be out what I paid for the 8900, which retails for $450 plus $60 Seidio ext battery and $40 Seidio innocase.