I know you can get this on a jail broken phone but im keeping mine ... Apple iPhone forum

MasterWestt no está en línea Stack level 1

IM that stays open in the background (for non-jailbroken)

Advertisement

I know you can get this on a jail broken phone but im keeping mine clean at 3.0 beta for now so my question is ....WHEN is an IM that can constantly run in the background going to be available?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    In june whenever they open up the Push notification servers. Mind you they are probably already open since people are beta testing their apps im sure.

So basically whenever IM Apps get updated hopefully in the soon future.

AntanaMaria no está en línea Stack level 1
    IM+ http://iphoneapplicationlist.com/200...one-messenger/ Mine is running, push technology which sends email notifications to my mailbox, also stay online mode. I am using this messenger both on BB Bold and iPhone.

khaltire no está en línea Stack level 1
    For now you just have to constantly check for messages
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask
    So if i were to install Gtalk or any other IM app, it wouldn't let me know when a new msgs comes in? Do they run in the background like they do in Blackberry?
    Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,
    Your eyes they penetrate me,
    (Your answer's always 'maybe')
    That's when I got up and left.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Yes/No

Quote Originally Posted by sadie84 View Post
    So if i were to install Gtalk or any other IM app, it wouldn't let me know when a new msgs comes in? Do they run in the background like they do in Blackberry?
    Correct, unless you JailBrake the phone. You would have to actually open the app to see any new messages. In the upcoming v3.0 release (June) however that is suppose to be fixed and allow for background notifications. So the IM apps will have options to play a sound or post a notice badge or both on the screen.

CardiacSmashin no está en línea Stack level 2
    I too made the jump from tmo 8900 to a 2g iphone since tmo wont house or be able to use the 3g in the iphone.. tmo does have a 3g test site in Wichita Falls, TX, Shreiver AFB, and Lubbock, TX. But wont be the same 3g as the iphones. For the data plan on the iphone to work will change from rim's server to a windows server. Along with you apn settings. Call tmo and all will be explained and walked through.
    Kristopher the Great

sadie84 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Correct, unless you JailBrake the phone. You would have to actually open the app to see any new messages. In the upcoming v3.0 release (June) however that is suppose to be fixed and allow for background notifications. So the IM apps will have options to play a sound or post a notice badge or both on the screen.

I bought the phone off eBay and the seller said it is jailbroken. So since it's jailbroken, these programs will run in the background and let me know when I have a new msg?
    Like the angel you are you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,
    Your eyes they penetrate me,
    (Your answer's always 'maybe')
    That's when I got up and left.