The iGO My Way 2009 turn-by-turn navigation app is now available in the App Store ... Apple iPhone forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

iGo My Way 2009 Navigation App Come to App Store

Advertisement

The iGO My Way 2009 turn-by-turn navigation app is now available in the App Store, offering editions for North America, Europe, and Western Europe. The North America app is priced at $79.99, matching the price of Sygic’s competing app, Mobile Maps, and exceeding Navigon's MobileNavigator app by $10 at its introductory price that's in effect until August 15. iGO's app made one of its first appearances on the iPhone in early 2008, well before the SDK was available.

The iGO app for North America weighs in at 970MB and includes maps for the U.S. and Canada, as does Navigon's MobileNavigator app, while Sygic's North American version also includes Mexico (a U.S.-only version is available for a lower price).

The iGO apps get their map data from Navteq, which is based in Chicago and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nokia Corporation. The App Store description states that the app comes with a lifetime license and free quarterly map updates until December 2010. It features 3D maps and offers voice guidance in 4 languages.

iTunes Link

Web Site

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    WOW!! and to think i was waiting on an app to make my decision to either go with the iphone and looking at the price umm...I'm ever so glad that I stayed with my bb. AmazeGPS looks 10x better than this and oh yeah it's free! lol. Nice to see iphone users are getting some gps love though
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    When Tom Tom is released I will try to sum up the differences between Platforms and include the price differences along with why they differ so much.

It's certainly interesting to pay close attention to the same Apps that are offered on multiple platforms and look at their prices.

ps. TomTom will probably be even more if you can imagine that?