i'm a newbie to the world of apple and had a question regarding an iphone ... Apple iPhone forum

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909

Ideas on locating a lost Iphone

Advertisement

i'm a newbie to the world of apple and had a question regarding an iphone my wife has. She seems to have "lost" her phone and we r trying to locate it. Is there any way it can be traced by at&t if, by chance, someone has found it and gets it unlocked and uses it on another carrier? She did not have the phone locator turned on and it was not password protected.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nope the carrier does not care about your losings, this just makes more money for them, cuz now you havta buy a new phone.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    280C1909
    That's really all screwed up. So, if someone finds it and unlocks it to use with another carrier, there's no way i will know?!?!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    What kind of an iPhone was it? If it has been updated to the new OS, then it can't be jailbroken or unlocked.

PIN/ID
    280C1909
    I actually have no idea of what her OS was. She got it about 6 months ago and it was the 3GS. There's never been an OS upgrade so it was whatever stock OS they had as of ababout feb/mar '10.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Then you are basically out of luck. You may want to look into the Mobile Me application from Apple if she gets another iPhone. There are some other apps that I know exist on BB's that will wipe the unit and send you a message letting you know the GPS coordinates along with the phone number tied to the sim inserted into it but not sure if they have a port over to apple phones.

Zo

PIN/ID
    280C1909
    It's considerably disappointing to hve to lose a phone like this and have to consider purchase another of its equivalence. Yeah, I'm aware of the bb apps and features and I make sure I have the safeguards. Thanks for the info fellow stackers.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    definitely a good investment going with MobileMe
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The simplest things are priceless, MM is worth it's weight in gold when you really need it. "Find My iDevice"

No one really needs insurance either, till there's an accident. Then Insurance is worth every penny.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    The latest OS can be Jailbroken and wiped to a new user but no unlock, but if if was backed up on Cydia thru an older FW then it can be Jailbroke and unlocked and SOLD.

iLord is DEAD!