So a really good friend of mine just couldn't accept my advice. He just needed ... Apple iPhone forum

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4

i phone! YIKES!

Advertisement

So a really good friend of mine just couldn't accept my advice. He just needed to buy the I phone. Well he says he is really happy.

I just had my first conversation with him on his phone and the sound quality of that phone call brought me back to the good ol analog days. At first I thought he was in the washroom cause there was that whole string attatched to a can sound effect. But he assured me that he was in his family room on his sofa.

Well congratulations to him for buying an overpriced underperforming MP3 player before phone/email device smart phone. I had a hard time writing smart phone in this post for an iphone. No offence.

Well truth be told the berry is still the most consistent smartphone on the market. I will take my curve or pearl over an iphone any day any minute.
    Late cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Must be his phone. My husnabds iphone is clear as day....as far an "over priced mp3" player...well, I'd like to see you buy songs on your blackberry! LOL. This competition thing is funny

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tsatsut no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24294af1
    yeah don't need to buy songs on a phone, n i thought "itsnowornever" u were switching to a tilt or something. its still RIM for life!!

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    To OP, regarding the voice quality, maybe that is because you are using the curve (gsm in half amr). AFAIK, 3G's voice quality is superior than gsm. Try to call your friend again with a 3g phone then make the comparison again. Be sure both of you are in 3G coverage.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Your friend may have a dud phone but the remote wipe feature fails on every iphone. As some of you are probably aware I do forensics(and development) for a living. Honestly its a complete joke the remote wipe feature of this device. Sure you can wipe it remotly but my we(Our Organization) can recover 97% of data within a few hours....Pretty sad is all I have to say. Enterprise device? I think Not!

The I phone is on rogers network. A gsm network. My phones are on the CDMA telus network. I have had no problems with sound q amongst other rogers clients on other devices. I think this is another example of apple bringing to market a device that has not been either tested very well or tested and they just didn't care. And really why would they obviously their clients are far less scrutinizing and more into the trend than the function. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by thechadj; 07-14-2008 at 01:52 AM. Reason: add-on

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    It's sad that we Blackberry users have to discredit and disparage a competitor's product. I've sort of enjoyed chiming in myself.
    Apple has a product with 8-16g of native memory. It'll play video and stream internet radio. The top 3rd party developers are tired of dealing with an archcaic platform and os along with a lack of facilitation from RIM, and are flocking en mass to Steve Jobs.
    We don't know what's in the pipeline right now with Blackberry. But if you'd like to tell them what features you'd like to see on your phone, or otherwise have suggestions for them, submit them respectfully to:
    www.bbsuggestions@rim.com

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by tsatsut View Post
    yeah don't need to buy songs on a phone, n i thought "itsnowornever" u were switching to a tilt or something. its still RIM for life!!
    I was. Not now....and why am I willing to even think about switching? Because I realize that quality doesn't come with just one manufacturer. Rim is good with some stuff...and apple is good...and so are other companies.

I just find it sad that the stacks---once a place full of knowledgeable people and great conversation has now turned into a lot of **** talking.

Don't discount the value, knowledge and helpfulness of PINSTACK based on a few posts. In know way do I see the stacks as a place just for "trash" talking.

This is by far the most friendly and helpful site that I have come across to date.

Pardon me if I sounded disrespectful to the I phone and apple but are people honestly not dissapointed in this stuff sometimes? There has been a lot of conversation in this market on radio and the such that the phone quality with the I phone is not up to par. And in a way I feel a sense of disappointment and let down for my friend which is what lead me to make a post of this nature.

Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    I've been around for a while chad....and there are MANY more posts here that are trashing other companies...and it's really unnecessary. I know who the helpful people are because I've been around for a bit...It happens. Forums get over-run sometimes...and things get out of hand. It is what it is....I take things here with a grain of salt, and no, my panties dont get in a wad...I can't help but laugh and shake my head.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

"It is what it is"

Best line of all time!! glad you understand!?

PIN/ID
    LOL....yeah...i'm with ya....

My hubby's fave quote...."It is what it is"....he's the chillest man I know...NOTHING bothers him!!!! LOL!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?